A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,089
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK Stash Busting Swap (Signups Closed; Send by 15/09)  (Read 9429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BoyceMachine
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2010 03:47:29 AM »

I started packing my stuff up last night and was wondering...

a) Is anyone else getting super excited at their box of random bits and pieces knowing there's a box of surprises very similar yet completely different coming to them.  And;

b)Is anyone else packing up stuff they bought years and years ago and have never used are are still thinking "That might come in handy at some point"?  Roll Eyes

I honestly feel like a child at Christmas and that's just packing up my stuff.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2010 04:37:55 AM »

a) Is anyone else getting super excited at their box of random bits and pieces knowing there's a box of surprises very similar yet completely different coming to them.  And;

b)Is anyone else packing up stuff they bought years and years ago and have never used are are still thinking "That might come in handy at some point"?  Roll Eyes

I honestly feel like a child at Christmas and that's just packing up my stuff.   Grin

Yeah, I started sorting all my stuff last night too and Im the same   Grin

I also had a look at the collect+ plus website and see that you have to specify which store it is to be delivered (and collected from) so if you havent already done it Folks, it might be an idea to check with your recieving partner which store they prefer. (RubyTuesday & BoyceMachine I have mailed you both already  Cheesy  )

If this delivery company works out ok, it might be worth adding into the swap questionaire the delivery store preference for any future swaps?

x

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010 07:23:02 AM »

*tumble weed bouncing*

Grin

Everyone still ok? or have we all curled in to protective little ball's at the throught of giving up crafting stuff   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

corduroy cat
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2010 11:29:53 AM »

sorry, i had my MIL staying over this weekend so i was MIA.

thanks for reminding us to send our partners the collect+ store details! i'd forgot that bit  Roll Eyes

was anyone else caught up in the tube strike today? took me THREE & 1/2 HOURS to get from walthamstow to oxford circus, then it poured down with rain when we started to walk to piccadilly. argh! i wanted to lay in the road and cry! only took an hour and 1/2 to get home though. sigh.

i'm finding so many things, i hope MiLady is looking to learn some new crafts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2010 11:48:03 AM »

sorry, i had my MIL staying over this weekend so i was MIA.

thanks for reminding us to send our partners the collect+ store details! i'd forgot that bit  Roll Eyes

was anyone else caught up in the tube strike today? took me THREE & 1/2 HOURS to get from walthamstow to oxford circus, then it poured down with rain when we started to walk to piccadilly. argh! i wanted to lay in the road and cry! only took an hour and 1/2 to get home though. sigh.

i'm finding so many things, i hope MiLady is looking to learn some new crafts Smiley

No worries, glad to help. Im actually surprised my addled brain managed to notice that bit  Roll Eyes

bummer about the strikes  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010 10:29:41 AM »

Okay so I booked & paid for my postage earlier tonight  - total cost 4.99 for "up to 10kg" parcel. Paid in full.

popped back on website an hour later (now) to get the address im sending from (to print a map for my dad) and the whole site has changed and now seems to be priced differently - it is now offering prices as 4.99 for up to 5kg and 6.99 for 5-10kg.

Although to be fair it does also seem to be offering lower prices for store deliveries and a good price for a home delivery. I tried to call them but since the head office has closed at 5 the phone staff cant do refunds or even knew about the website update.  Roll Eyes

Looks like for the same price I can get the parcel delivered straight to my pertners door instead of her having to collect it from the store. I'll have to call them after 9am tomorrow.

If you have already paid but not sent you might wanty to double check the price it should be.
 Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

corduroy cat
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2010 11:42:55 AM »

sh*t! i just looked at it yesterday?
*goes to check
i'll report back shortly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corduroy cat
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2010 12:23:00 PM »

right, so looks like they now do door to door delivery for 4.99 up to 5kg or you can collect at a shop for 3.49 (dont see what the weight limit is for that). what's everyone's thoughts on this? obviously i won't hold you to the collect + thing since the pricing has changed. give me your thoughts/suggestions!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyTuesday
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010 12:42:57 PM »

Hey I just looked and it's only 3.49 for the service we opted for when starting the swap so it's gone down a pound! that makes a real change, things normally go up in price! Grin

QUOTE:
http://www.collectplus.co.uk/about_collectplus.php#sendaParcel
Sending parcels to friends, relatives...
You can now send and receive parcels up to 10kg & 50x30x30cm via Collect+ stores from only 3.49!

How does it work?

Download and print your label
The sender takes the parcel to ANY Collect+ store
They'll scan and store it securely and the sender will be given a receipt as proof of despatch which includes a reference number that is used to track it online
The parcel is delivered to the destination address. You can now choose a home/office address or a local store
If you choose to have it sent to the recipient's local store, we'll email or SMS the recipient when it arrices so they can collect it when it suits them. We'll hold the parcel for up to 10 days. The sender and recipient are sent a further email/SMS message telling you it's been collected
That's it!

I'll need to stick with the store service because my box will be over 5kg -and i'm happy to collect the box i will be receiving, it suits me better than the to the door service - dispite being in most of the day i usually manage to be hanging out washing or pottering in the greenhouse when i get deliveries, drives me mad when i miss them when i'm in and then i have to try and get to some depot in the middle of no where to collect!

I should be sending Thursday or Friday! Wink
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010 12:46:06 PM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010 03:17:34 PM »

Yes and Yes, I did my package today, I've been spurred on to sort my room out because I'm off on (a well deserved) holiday on monday so this swap was perfectly timed.  I just want to add that my communication has been so poor because I've had just 3 days off in 25 days, swapping from nights to days and this is the first time I've properly got on my laptop. Inbetween shifts last week I took a trip to the cinema with my Tom and I fell asleep and snored. I've been a one woman zombie, again!

Don't even get me started on christmas, is it sad that I know it's 15weeks until the big day on saturday? I am SO excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Milton Glaser on the I Love New York Logo
Comparing American and European 20th Century Design
The Relationship Between An Object and Its Creator
How to Balance Function, Beauty and Social Consciousness
When Furniture Becomes Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...