A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK Stash Busting Swap (Signups Closed; Send by 15/09)  (Read 9030 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinniped
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010 04:51:58 AM »

I think my crafty interests (just sewing and quilting) are too limited for this swap - I wouldn't have any use for other craft supplies my partner might send so they'd go to waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010 05:21:10 AM »

Mine will be a mixture also, i would be happy to recieve anything i just love parcels i am so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
RubyTuesday
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010 05:35:17 AM »

pinniped there might be someone else out there thinking the same thing, if so you'd be ideal partners Smiley

I'm making progress and uncovering things I'd forgotten I even had!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010 06:22:45 AM »

i'm about to reorganise ALL of my craft supplies after having them stashed away since feb due to construction on my flat. ugh, i have a long day ahead of me! i'm a bit of a jack-of-all-trades so i have fabric, thread, buttons, plastic toys, beads, jewellery findings, tons of paper and images, fiber, even a set of coloured pencils and oil crayons of some sort. it goes on and on! i'm really organising this swap to destash rather than gain more goodies, but then i can never say no to more, lol. yes, i'm a craft addict.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010 07:57:08 AM »

well, i;m going to have to wait and think it over while i'm away camping - but if i decide to join it will be 29th/30th/31st. cutting it fine i know, but that's the funnest way!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010 01:23:39 PM »

ooh camping! i'm jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010 01:29:39 PM »

Hey All

I hasve signed up for 3 reasons  Grin

• I realy could do with reorganising my craft area
  • I wanted to be part of the very 1st Stach busting swap in the uk
  • and from next thursday (26th) I will be signed off work for 2 weeks due to having a minor (but important) surgery on my nose. I will be ok to slowly sort things and get the parcel posted, I just wont be well enough (or pretty enough - far to many bruises) to work. Roll Eyes

I figured this would give me something to motivate me when i might be feeling down and I could chat will you all here too.

If this isn't ok with you all - or the moderator/s  - please let me know and I will bow out.

if it is ok ....several people have mention somethings they might be swapping, Pops' in particular mentioned needlefelting suff and yarn..mmmmm...sound s interesting  Cheesy

I will be offering different types of fabrics, beads, papercrafting stuff (including a bag of non uk stamps) and various other bits & bobs Smiley I might also be able to offer some watercolous pencils and pastels etc too as well as some blank skething pads and lined notebooks if any one is interested.

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010 03:02:15 PM »

I hope the surgery goes well bushbaby  Smiley  Craftster, crafting and sorting out at your own pace, that'll have you on the mend!  BTW your bead and shell work is amazing, very pretty.  I'd love to know how to drill holes in shells, I attempted it earlier in the summer but the shells smoked and broke - not to mention smelling awful Cheesy

That's reminded me, I have to have my feet x-rayed sometime this week, it'll probably just confirm that they are both left Wink

My box is starting to fill up, I have beginners knitting kits, int. crochet kit and cross stitch kits.... the last 2 have yet to be located! - I don't do papercrafts but i do have old maps and some sheet music, more sorting tomorrow, i'm too tired now!

I'm on the look-out for beads, buttons and bits & bobs, sewing thread and off cuts of any shabby chic fabric! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010 03:26:54 PM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010 03:50:10 AM »

I hope the surgery goes well bushbaby  Smiley  Craftster, crafting and sorting out at your own pace, that'll have you on the mend!  BTW your bead and shell work is amazing, very pretty.  I'd love to know how to drill holes in shells, I attempted it earlier in the summer but the shells smoked and broke - not to mention smelling awful Cheesy

Thanks Smiley

The thing with the shells sounds like your drill was at too fast a speed. I use a dremel hand held with some very fine drill bits. The speed has to be fast enough to cut into the shell but slow enough that it doesn't overheat and burn. Just have it fast enough that a fine powder starts to form. then every so often gently blow the dust away so you can see what you are working on. Took me a little bit to get the speed right too - just keep at it and you'll manage. Also try not to drill too close to the edge as it may break.

On a safety not, please be sure to wash your hands well after drilling and wipe down any loose dust. Also wearing eye protection and a mask or kerchief over your move is a must. Some shell dust can be toxic if inhaled or absorbed in enough quantities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010 03:58:18 AM »

Thanks bushbaby  Smiley I was using a hand held dremil type thing, sounds like I was doing a few things wrong! Grin I was using a bit with a ball on the end, I think it was one of the dentist bits i have! I was also close to the edge and the shell did burn, it was smoking!

I'll try a slower speed, a finer bit & avoid the dust next time -thank you  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply a Prosthetic Latex Piece
Finishing the Werewolf Makeup
How to Set the Werewolf Makeup
Face Painting - Tiger Face Details
Final Touches for the Tiger Face
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...