A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two out of Three Aint Bad...Meat Loaf Concert shwag/gifts  (Read 5784 times)
Tags for this thread: meatloaf , painting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2010 02:50:55 AM »

Hi there! some of you may have seen this post:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356467.0

And this post:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356467.0

Basically, Meat Loaf is my life-long hero, and I am deeply obsessed with the man. I mean, it is ridiculous how much I love him. I have been wearing vests and frilly scarfs and often wear a red-scarf as a belt in tribute to him all my life. Anyways, the point is that I love him so much and this weekend I got to see him live for the first time after yearning and longing to see him for 20+ years. This was literally a life-changing moment for me! I just love him so much!

In an effort to get him to notice me and hopefully meet him, I made the plush as seen in the previous post and I also did this painting:

My painting and plush along with the poppet AlwaysInspired made me and the amigurumi AmyDice made me!

I didn't get to meet him face to face, but I had an AMAZING night. The guards were so awesome and really did everything in their power to get me as close as possible to him. They tried to get me to him after the show but he left instantly. However, they let me go up to the very front and center and stand at the rail and show him my gifts which he did see. The 2 guitarists gave me thumbs up and big smiles and flicked me their picks and the drummer gave me his drumstick at the end of the show. I had people taking pictures of me with the ML doll and big, burly, tattooed men telling me how adorable the plush was which was just hilarious. I also met his daughter, who opened for the concert, and her husband, Scott Ian from Anthrax and they loved the doll.

So even though I didn't get to meet him, I got to see him perform as close as possible and I know he got my gifts, so two out of three aint bad, right? (Haha, horrible Meat Loaf pun!) Thanks for all the support and well wishes! It was an amazing night, and definitely the best moment of my life!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RuneAriala
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010 03:08:03 AM »

I love how in that one picture, Scott Ian, who is pretty much huge, is just sort of lurking in the background like some random con-goer.  Priceless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010 03:18:18 AM »

lol! He was a lot shorter than I ever imagined to be honest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010 03:30:22 AM »

Awesome! Glad you had such a great time even without meeting the man. Meatloaf is classic!  Wink The fan art is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
noturavggeek
"This is my art, and it is dangerous! Do you think I want to die like this?" Delia Deetz

I want to live 'til I die. No More, No Less

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010 04:36:14 AM »

Glad to know you got so close! And you know that he saw who the awesome stuff came from!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the.fantastic.mrs.fox
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010 05:00:12 AM »

Oh yey! so it sort of worked.
I'm sure he bought a house out near me- I'll let you know if it pops up in his front room window! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovieDovieAnn
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010 05:30:31 AM »

Sorry to didn't get to meet him. But you came away with guitar pics, a drumstick, and a pic with his daughter complete with a Scott Ian photo bomb. Sounds like a great night to me!

I love how the big burly guys said how cute your stuff was, too. That sort of stuff makes my day.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010 06:26:22 AM »

Awww, those are so amazing! Those little Meatloafs are the cutest things ever and I'm sure he was really touched that you made something like that for him! I am glad you had a great time and I bet next time you'll definitely get to meet him. You made Meatloaf's day!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010 06:41:45 AM »

Grin Yay! How awsome! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you had an amazing time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shelina
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010 07:03:13 AM »

OMG that post was to awesome! LOL Scott Ian just kinda hanging out back there is so funny!
I love the doll. Your plushies are so good I cannot believe you just started making them.
Where did you find your big safety eyes? I have been looking everywhere for huge ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Light Eye Makeup
How to Do Purple Eye Makeup
Summer Beauty Roundup
Stacy Keibler Talks Beauty at Her NewBeauty Cover Shoot
DIY Olive Oil And Honey Face Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...