Cross body bag
1) Make 4 panels of the same size.
for this bag , I made 12inch x 6 inch panel:
2) Bind the panels, where back sides are facing each other. Thread into loop on left panel then thread into the loop on right side that is one row up above. This will form a zig zag pattern. This might be called the ladder stitch (
3) Make one long tube for the handle. It should be the length that fits over your shoulder or body:
4)Attach the handle each side of the bag, so that the bag's front is in the middle.
5) cut the liner material to be ( 2x the width of the bag )+ 2inches
by 1 times the height + 2inches:
6) Fold the liner in half as to be the width of the bag. Sew the bottom of the liner, using backstitch where the seam is on the wrong side.
7) Sew a hem at the rim, all around the liner.
The liner should be right side up is 'out' then stuff the bag which is wrong side up, inside the liner(like a pillow case), then pin liner to bag.
9) To sew liner on, use back stitch. However for every stitch, sew into one loop , that is two rows down from the top/rim, as you sew the rim:
Notice that for each stitch, a loop is 'caught'.
10) Make a cord that is at least the length of four panels across. I did this using a small circular loom and using 3 pegs.
11) Using a crochet hook, weave the cord to the bag, just below the rim: