A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Simple Apron Swap Round 2  (Read 13475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2010 08:42:22 PM »

I'm glad you liked it all Smiley My theory worked - I'd read heaps of Americans really hated Vegemite, and I thought "I dislike vegemite when there's too much...maybe that's the problem" because in movies spreads are always put on really thickly - do Americans actually do it like that? So yeah, anyone who hasn't tried Vegemite give it a go but make the first taste a thin layer - won't be so overpowering then Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
jennsa75
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2010 09:49:50 PM »

Ok, so I know that my partner posted a pic of my apron, but here is a pic of it on me. Not the most flattering pic, but that is ok. She included colored pens!!! as goodies and a great cat toy - a bee on a wand, which both of my cats looooooove. Cat toys are pretty hit and miss with them, but these guys really get into swatting the bee around and going after it,which is especially good for my Fred, who is on an exercise regimen since he is pretty overweight.
Thank you so much Audrey!!! The swap was fun and I love my apron. I haven't worn it yet to cook or clean (mostly because I haven't done much cooking or cleaning - I'm lazy  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in small, inexpensive personal swaps? PM me
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2010 11:04:02 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad you like your apron! And that the cats like the toy! My mom's cat is hit or miss with toys, too. Smiley This was a great first swap for me and it would be awesome if we got teamed up again in the future! Happy cooking - or not cooking. Wink I've used my apron just about every night since I've gotten it, but not necessarily for housey stuff. I just like to wear it. Smiley LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2010 11:30:28 PM »

Im really glad (and relieved) to hear that!!  Im going to try to get my photos up in the next day or so.  I am right smack in the middle of moving to our first home (thus why I havent been able to check in that often right now) and being in school its been unavoidable lately but ive kept them aside from the moving boxes so I can get them photographed and uploaded on here.  

They fit great!!! I made the PJ pants way before this swap!! The aprons you made me have been added to my collection.  I have used both!! I cant wait till you get yours!!!

Do they fit ok??  It looks like it but just want to be sure!!  I hope you like them!!   Thats too funny about the pj pants lol!!  Those two fabrics just happened to be laying beside each other and thought "that could work"

I cant wait to get your package!!  Im glad we live in the same state and hopefully wont take long to get here.  No worries about being late!!  I understand!!

Im just going to edit this message instead of a new one.  Im taking a break in moving and figured I will get my pics up real quick as internet will be very limited this coming week till we get it switched over.

These are the aprons green r my tear$ made and sent me.   The half apron is a cute reversible one.  Then there is the nice full that crosses in the back.  She also sent a oven mitt that has each fabric on each side. And she sent me some patterns and project sheets.  Its nice to have some new prons to go in my new home!! Thank you so much~~

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010 03:06:40 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2010 03:28:45 PM »

Those aprons are sooo cute! I really like the reversable half apron. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2010 04:45:31 AM »

I started a simple halloween apron swap if anybody is interested..
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360571.0

also, I forgot to take pics of the apron I sent or I would post them up here  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2010 09:33:09 PM »

Since maiziemama received a while back, I am going to post pics of the apron that I made for her. Avian Flight gave me the go-ahead to do so, since neither of us has heard from her in a bit...

She mentioned that she liked Fiesta Ware, so the apple green with chocolate floral seemed just about right. I paired it with a deep wine and a chocolate ribbon to top it all off. It was based off of a pattern that she liked, but I kind of took the skirt part from an apron pattern I had, made the top up as I went along, and made it reversible.
Here's the patterned side:

To show both sides together:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B7r7ekX_K6M/TLPBDKZWxaI/AAAAAAAAAF8/0a-x8UcNSMk/s320/IM000443.JPG

Dark wine side, with pleats on the bust, and the ribbon for contrast:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B7r7ekX_K6M/TLPBC1BI5CI/AAAAAAAAAF0/NIebwoANe-I/s320/IM000442.JPG

And all packaged up, ready to be shipped to it's new home:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B7r7ekX_K6M/TLPBFMEWTWI/AAAAAAAAAGM/PUb6597LAro/s320/IM000447.JPG

I really hope she liked it Smiley

There were some extras in there, but I didn't take pictures - I gave her a couple packs of my favorite candies, and some plastic measuring cups and spoons that I found in the same colour family. I really like the fall tones from Fiesta Ware; can you tell?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2010 09:35:20 PM »

PS sorry for the weird links. My laptop decided it doesn't want to work anymore (just in time for finals Sad ) so I am using my BF's computer, and had to hotlink the images from my blog....
Also, the pics don't do the colours justice, IMO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2010 10:01:24 PM »

ooh, i really like the print and the colors. very sophisticated! i PMed maiziemama again. if she doesn't get back to me in a few days, i will find you an angel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
designsbyfel
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2010 05:20:07 PM »

Cute aprons! I vote this one needs to come up again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM mom to Maddox and Army Wife to Michael Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cranberry Sauce
Orange and Grilled Pork Salad
How to Make Grilled Chicken Legs with Peach Molasses
Grilled Spicy Skirt Steak
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...