A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Starry Starry Charm Bracelet  (Read 1041 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkypork
« on: August 13, 2010 09:25:54 AM »

So I just got a whole bunch of beads and whatnot from a gal on craigslist and many of them were cubes, which I didn't know quite what to do with...but these blue ones made me think of Starry Starry Night by Van Gogh...or more accurately...the episode of Doctor Who with Van Gogh Grin

Anyway, it's my first charm bracelet ever.  I rather liked making it even though it took a while and my fingers hate me a little!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." - Jim Henson
mandys_momma
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010 09:52:05 AM »

Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alongbottomfan
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010 09:57:02 AM »

That episode also made me want to craft something but I hadn't had any new ideas until I saw your bracelet! It is too cute and makes me want to try to make some sort of jewelry of my own (even though I have never tried it before). Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkypork
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010 11:43:22 AM »

Thank you!  I made another one last night with red and clearish beads...but I definitely prefer this one.

(That was my favorite episode of the season, except for maybe the premiere because of all of the hilarious quotes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." - Jim Henson
JellyBeansDesign
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010 04:21:47 AM »

That is awesome! I love the way the beads are the absolute focus - blue's my favorite color so that might have something to do with it too! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pobble
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010 09:04:40 PM »

I really love this, and I love your name for it. Is your hair by any chance...orange? Vincent can have his own spin-off series, if I take over the world. That episode made me draw some crazy stuff, too.

You know, this is really cool. I'm sitting here trying to put this in words... XD I can't exactly *see* the painting in your bracelet... I mean, I look at it and think, "but that's not like the painting at all. Shouldn't it be gold instead of silver?" and such, but...no, it shouldn't be different. It has the feeling of the painting, and it's perfect. It really reminds me of the bit where Vincent is lying with the Doctor and Amy and they're looking up at the stars, and the special effects guy "paints" the painting in across the stars as Vincent is describing it. It somehow captures that transformation more than just the painting. Smiley

Did I mention I like this?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Oscar Inspired Hairstyles
How to Get a Perfect Pro Blow Out at Home
George Papanikolas Predicts Oscar Red Carpet Hair Trends
Model Chrissy Teigen Inspires a Long Hair Makeover
How to Get the Perfect Shade of Red Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...