A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junque Journal Along - Closed  (Read 11111 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkladymajesta
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010 05:16:57 PM »

I don't know how I didn't notice this CAL before?!?! Well, I may just have to start on one of these tonight. If I can find a composition notebook that I can glue and such in. I have kind of been in an art journaling rut lately so I can't wait to get started Smiley It will probably take a back seat to my christmas swap crafting, but I will totally work on one while I am on vacation next month Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riechan
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010 06:10:43 AM »

woa calluna! that is fat! I'd love to see all the pages Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
calluna
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010 11:54:56 AM »

Most of my pages aren't "finished" yet; there is still a lot I want to add to them before I show them.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Boupie

Attack of the HUGE crabs!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010 06:55:57 PM »

I love this and I might just need to join. I have a couple extra composition books and some "junk" I just can't throw away. I won't start yet as my Sketchbook is looking at me reproachfully as I write this because none of the pages are done yet but I am so in for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIP: Finally organizing my stashes, getting into soft circuits

Angeling the wonderful FoxySam right now but open to private swaps or pen-pals in the future!

11/50 books in 2010

This school year started way too soon for me.

The Sketchbook Project: Science project gone wrong
calluna
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010 07:10:10 PM »

I found that working on this book helped relax my apprehension about starting a blank sketchbook--not enough to get me to join the Sketchbook Project, but enough to start working on a personal one, at least!  Smiley Working in such a cheap little book, adding any random crap and deliberately destroying some pages got me out of the mindset of "everything has to look perfect", which certainly holds me back at times.
I picked up another composition book, so I can transfer some of the pages I pulled out of my first book and maybe make a gift out of it. Which sounds kinda absurd--"Here, have this book of junk."--but if it has a theme that the person likes and room for them to add their own junque (assuming they have some), it might work. Some folks on ATCsForAll.com have embraced junque journals and the pictures they've posted are helpful in seeing various ways of approaching this. Many make it look like a regular scrapbook, with stickers, nice papers, etc, but generally no photos or important things since it is, after all, just a composition book at its core. A couple people are making holiday-themed books, to hold all their random inspirations, greeting cards, recipes etc.
...I think I need more glue!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010 02:32:56 PM »

Forgot to share: there's a Flickr group for junque journals, too!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1453067@N25/pool/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boupie

Attack of the HUGE crabs!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010 07:35:38 PM »

calluna you rock! That is so funny the way you think and I love it! I want to think more that way. This is a good place for me to get through that initial phase of this needs to be perfect (that I am still stuck in). Maybe I should just get to it... but glue would help. Any advice on types of glue for this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIP: Finally organizing my stashes, getting into soft circuits

Angeling the wonderful FoxySam right now but open to private swaps or pen-pals in the future!

11/50 books in 2010

This school year started way too soon for me.

The Sketchbook Project: Science project gone wrong
calluna
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010 08:10:41 PM »

Any advice on types of glue for this?

cheap! LOL. Honestly I'm happiest with rubber cement (which isn't the cheapest thing) in this book. I had to put a layer on both surfaces because the ceiling fans dried the stuff out before I could adhere them, but a layer of dried rubber cement adheres well to another surface of dried rubber cement. Glue sticks weren't cutting it for me, though I like them for other projects. The all-important ceiling fans (yay summer) kept them from being sticky at allUndecided What I like most about rubber cement in this project is it keeps anything from being permanently affixed in the book. If I find a use for something in the junque journal, it's easy to just peel the item off the base page, rub off the dried adhesive from the back (or leave it), and use the paper for something else without damaging it.

Another craftsterer made me aware of a handbound variety of the junque journal today, and we spent much of this afternoon going back and forth via PM figuring out how to recreate it! I can't show any pictures though because it's going to be a surprise gift for someone.  Cool After the holidays I'll explain it and post the link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010 12:24:19 AM »

as for glue, I always use cheap glue-sticks or white craft glue with my hair-dryer laying beside me Cheesy

@calluna thanks for the flickrlink! I'll add it in the first post Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010 07:35:45 AM »

I just realized that my "art"journal looks more like a Junque journal! I just dont draw that much on it and tend to glue every little thing I like in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish BBQ Chicken on the Grill
How to Bake Beans for Your Chicken
Grilling BBQ Chicken with Baked Beans
What To Do with Turkey Leftovers
How to Check the Temperature of a Roasted Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...