A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 307,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: teeny tiny Adam Lambert! (plus advice needed)  (Read 1571 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 11, 2010 03:53:53 PM »

As I've posted here before, my mother is a rabid Adam Lambert fan. Slowly Glambert-related crafts have started to take over my life, as I try and lay aside Adam crafts for her birthday and holiday presents. This is one of the latest:

Aww, so small!

Sorry for the bad lighting, I live underground and it's almost midnight here.

He's 14cm (a bit over 5 inches for the Americans Smiley ), and made mostly from felt. His top is made from some glittery tights I had, and his trousers/pants from a fancy elbow-length glove I had (I lost the other one in the pair, so what the heck). His coat is felt, and the trim is a malibou boa that I trimmed down - it was too furry as it was, the feathers obscured his face. His eyes ar size 9/0 seed beads, and his bling is some chain I cut up and sewed in place at the back of the neck. The belt is a chain from a keyring!

I'm quite pleased with it - I used and adapted a doll pattern from Runo's Nuno Life blog  - http://nuno-runo.blogspot.com/search/label/Doll - but the clothes and coat are my own pattern. When he's wearing the coat, he actually stands upright by himself

Looky, his jacket is removable!

Some 'in-progress' shots:

I'm toying with 2 ideas:
1) I thought I might put a little loop on his head so my mum could hang him up if she wanted to
2) I also thought about making him a little top hat - I've seen pictures of him with a top hat with an (inaccurate) scarlet letter on it*, I thought I could do one like that
* Seriously costumey people, read past the front cover! It's a gold letter A on a scarlet cloth, not a scarlet letter A on black. What's that about? I've never once seen it rendered accurately.

Do you think either of those is a good idea? I think they'd probably be mutually exclusive, or I'd have to sew the hat on his head so the loop didn't pull it off. What do you think?

Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010 04:30:39 PM »

he's adorable! i like the idea of adding a loop- maybe a rearview mirror ornament? I'd be afraid to use him as a keychain. Too much wear and tear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010 05:38:23 AM »

Thanks! You're right, I think he's too delicate for a key ring, but my mum does have a Christmas tree and likes ornaments for it, so I thought she might want to hang him up there? Or maybe in her office?

Thing is, we don't actually have a car, so we couldn't hang him from the rear view mirror. It's a shame though, cos he's just about the right size Sad

This is a picture of the hat I'm thinking of recreating -

And this is the pattern I was going to use for the top hat: http://bleuarts.blogspot.com/2008/11/free-pattern-top-hat-for-16-scale-dolls.html

But I don't know if it would dwarf his little head, which is kind of flat, or if it would improve it.

--> see, his head is kind of small. It's in proportion to his body, but it might still get hidden by a hat. I had to really trim back the boa to avoid totally obscuring his face!

I thought of a way of having both hat and loop though - attach the loop to his head, and put a little hole in the top of the hat so the loop could pass through it, but the hat would still be removable. But would that look really lame?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PezMama
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010 08:59:43 AM »

I don't have any advice. But it is SOOOOOO cute!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010 10:32:45 AM »

I don't have any advice. But it is SOOOOOO cute!!!!!

heh heh, thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RanaeAiken
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010 07:26:46 PM »

Wow! That's so adorable!  Grin I love it!  I think giving him a top hat would be perfect!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Create the Katniss Braid
Retro-Glam Hairstyle Tutorial
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial
How to Skip That Awkward Growing-Out Phase With Your Pixie
The Most Genius Fix for Frizzed-Out Locks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...