A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sketchbook Project Swap (signs ups close noon 8/27 sendouts extended till 9/21  (Read 17427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010 12:31:16 AM »

I am hesitant to sign up for something where we only have a week to collect. Especially since I am considering drawing things. I'd prefer a three week time period to collect and make custom backgrounds/drawings.

I don't draw very well most of the time but I can probably muster images of crowns, wings, eyes, doodles, sayings you'd like in some one else's handwriting... and anything that may spark ideas in your questionnaire.

I can also do backgrounds, stamped images, stuff with inky edges. Also, I have a bad habit of saving things like interesting looking receipt stubs, naturally distressed papers I find on the ground, scratch paper I used as a work surface that catches paint, ink, etc.

As always, I can offer human anatomy photos. I am always open to receiving some too. I'm currently enrolled in school for massage therapy and have all sorts of interesting diagrams I can copy. In my collection is Gray's Anatomy and some books my sister had left over from nursing school. (Some photos would be great for those doing Nightmares) I can attempt to draw some too Smiley
Also, text pages from books/text books, local free newspapers in English, Arabic, Korean (maybe), and Tagalog. I'm thinking of sending some found poetry from these also. I'm post some pages soon to explain what found poetry is.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010 12:47:00 AM »

Sounds like great stuff - raerae, i'd be up for some body parts and diagrams, even if you just trace them! I'm also interested in patterned tissue paper, found things, and things with some texture.  Not sure what I'm doing yet so I guess I'm hoping for inspiration. Wink

I have local papers/text in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tagalog, Ilocano and Hawaiian, and of course English.  Also need to clean house so there's potential for all sorts of stuff between the junk drawers and the office.  I think I still have some washi paper, canceled stamps, and some other odds and ends hoarded on the craft side of the office. Is this like the 44cent swap where you stay within the 1/4 inch limit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010 12:56:46 AM »

ah! anatomy diagrams and photos would be perfect for me! my friends mother painted me a grays anatomy piece before she even met me:)

i feel like a week would be fine because i do a lot of exploring and walking and bus ride doodling (terrible, vulgar, gross drawings, but i like them!) but i could do two weeks as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010 06:02:10 AM »

everything sounds wonderful that is being gathered.  Cheesy

Rearea I was just pulling something out of the air for the due by date. I just didn't want it to take too long for folks that are already doing their books.
If all in the swap want to bump the date back that is super cool with me. Since there are only two of us already signed up. Smiley

What does everyone else think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010 06:34:49 AM »

i too would prefer longer to send. and people can always send early if they want!!

i'll sign up when i get my swap feedback  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010 08:03:09 AM »

I've got a couple of issues of Craphound, too, along with a bunch of Dover illustration books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010 09:15:29 AM »

DONE Smiley I extended it to the 18th Smiley Rackycoo or Beckshell can you guys please let me know if I need to do something other than just change it in the thread. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
stolenbuttons
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010 09:15:50 AM »

Wow, this is such an awesome idea, and so much fun too!! Will definitely be signing up soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of my cutesy illustrations and doodles Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop/stolenbuttons
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010 10:12:32 AM »

DONE Smiley I extended it to the 18th Smiley Rackycoo or Beckshell can you guys please let me know if I need to do something other than just change it in the thread. Smiley

Nope, all you need to do is change the thread.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010 10:24:24 AM »

I don't have my book just yet but I would love some more goodies to put in my sketchbook!  Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll get around to sending in my questionnaire for this.  And I totally agree with the extended send out date of the 18th!  Cheesy  I'm not sure what I have to offer....  maybe some backgrounds, doodles, sheet music, we'll have to see what else.  But I would LOVE some newspapers from other countries...  Korea, Germany, France, China, etc!  That would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bart Simpson - 3rd Drawing
How to Draw Homer Simpson - 1st Drawing
How to Draw Young Homer Simpson - 58th Drawing
How to Draw Moe Szyslak - 23rd Drawing
The Special 1000 Subscribers Video - 52nd Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...