A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 3 Gallery of Bibliophilic Love  (Read 33633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2010 01:50:30 PM »

I have a buttload of bookmarks to post!
From 6craftycats - she made a voodoo bookmark and then one from a quote of mine! I "awwed" when I read it!

From windoverireland - a LHK bookmark!

From cuppiecakes83 - LOVE the tree of life!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2010 03:14:01 PM »

Michela - Your jasper? bookmark is so pretty!
Thanks! I rather like those beads too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
crystallized_art
« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2010 05:35:36 PM »

I love that voodoo bookmark! So cute!

I received from DarthSqurl today:

and a close-up of all the pretty baubles:

I love the rhinestone charm... thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nllchihuahua
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2010 06:41:07 PM »

i have received my last 2 bookmarks will post pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2010 06:51:23 PM »

I came home from school in such a foul mood, coming in and directly complaining to the DH how people were stupid, and if I were as callow and immature as the kids just fresh at college as I saw today, I'd poke myself in the eye with a hot french fry .... and he pulls out the highly anticipated package from Willowe! I was so happy! My three year old started singing the 'we just got a letter' song from Blue's Clues, so I even had theme music. She wrote such a sweet letter, and I feel so completely spoiled! Sorry for the crappy pics, but I'll try to explain them and express how happy I am!  Grin

I do NOT own this book - but between my husband and I, we have all the rest. I love complete sets!

another sideways photo, but it is what it is today. This shows the very pretty fairy bookmark she purchased for me in the most amazingly cool book diary where I can write down the books I've read, my thoughts and impressions, and just to keep track of them - ALPHABETICALLY, even!

how cool are bookplates?!?! SO COOL! I'm having a big decision as to which books deserve the bookplates!

this is one of the very lovely bookmarks Willowe made for me - and I really like it! Purple is one of my favorite colors, and amethyst is one of my favorite stones. This really is so sweet and elegant, and I love the way it sits in the book!

and what, by the Seven Little Gods, is this?! a steampunk bookmark, which I Ell-Oh-Vee-EE so very very much!

and here it is hard at work holding my spot in Mansfeild Park, of which I am reading for the ninety-eighth time.

Willowe, you SPOILED me! Thank you so very very very much! I am truly so pleased, and so happy! You are the rockingest of all swappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
gossamer_gull
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2010 07:03:40 PM »

More and more pretties every time I look in the gallery.  (I'm loving that voodoo doll bookmark!)

I have received my final bookmarks, which is awesome!...but sad.  Until next round, though, I'll be enjoying the gallery.  And here are the final additions to my collection.

Crystallized_art sent me a corner bookmark (my first ever, actually), with interchangeable images.  Here's the bookmark in use:

(It's inside The Unwritten, Vol. I:  Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity.  I thought it appropriate to pair a sideshow-themed bookmark with an image of a winged cat!)

In this picture, you can see the back of the bookmark, as well as the other three image options:

The little image cards attach to the bookmark with little Velcro circles.  Thanks, crystallized_art!  This was a really creative bookmark style!  (And a girl can never have too many sideshow performers...)

Finally, kittenmittens sent a fanciful twisted-wire clip-style bookmark, shown in a journal (received in another swap, I believe):

Here's a view of the bookmark (very floral and organic, isn't it?) as well as a couple extras (a decorative paper band with perfect bookmark proportions Cheesy and a fragrant glycerin soap):

Thanks, kittenmittens -- it's great!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010 07:04:38 PM by gossamer_gull » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2010 07:26:14 PM »

I'm sad the dragonfly got broken! That was my favorite. I love how the sparkles worked out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittenmittens

Mosquito Magnet

« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2010 11:06:42 PM »

I already received and posted about my bookmark from Cassie, and I'm here to post up my other four! Sorry it took my lazybones self so long to post these!

I've officially received from everyone in my group, and just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone. This was a great experience, and I've learned at least two very valuable, future swap lessons from it. (One of them my group already knows *cough*, and the other: if you have the stuff done, send it early in case something goes...wrong.)

Here's my most recent haul from the rest of my group:

Individually:
From crystallized_art, some lovely corner bookmarks...

From gossamer_gull, a trio of pretty collage and stamp bookmarks...(I can't help it, this is going to make me sound dumb but...I LOVE the shininess)...

From DarthSqurl, a beaded thread book thong...

and From Rainbowsaurus, a great WOODEN bookmark! Awesome!

Thanks again guys; my first swap experience was great. Now I'm eager to participate in more! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eerrrrrgh real life, why do you have to be so busy?! I've barely been on the forums, but I'll be back! Note here to remind myself to come back.
squire_inaria
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2010 05:22:57 AM »

So many beautiful bookmarks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, you swap, we all swap! I love personal swaps (and I make poppets!) Smiley

Wist-y goodness

Check out my new shop; Ivy Moon Emporium[url]!
seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2010 12:17:35 PM »

First off - there are some amazing bookmarks in this gallery - such variety! I love it.

I received a couple of days ago from the lovely averagefan - and I love everything. We came to an agreement over the books we swapped - easy for me, her english is perfect, not so easy for her - I speak no german!! However, we agreed that I would send her an english book and she would find me a book to use in my crafting - and I am going to have to find something special to do with these!

Onto photos - everything together - the books are a Dr Seuss (I don't think I ever mentioned how much I love Dr Seuss) and a Christmas Elves book, which just has the cutest images.

The bookmarks on their own

And finally one of my new lovelies in my current book - Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - a total change to all the dark fantasy I have been reading of late!

Thank you averagefan for a fantastic swap - I will think of you every time I use one of my new bookmarks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Wearing Tight Ponytails Is Harmful to Your Hair
How to Wear a Drag Queen Wig
How to Maintain a Wig
How to Wear a Wig
How to Get the Best Hairdressing Products
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...