A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 3 Gallery of Bibliophilic Love  (Read 39856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

habitat-lady
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2010 01:33:47 PM »

Cassiecate57, Tero and Squire_inaria - Thank you for heading up an incredible swap.  That was a lot to keep up with. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
crystallized_art
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2010 04:49:40 PM »

I've gone and mixed everything up into my bookmark collection so I'm not positive but I'm pretty darn sure these marks came from Crystal/crystallized_art. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking at envelopes and trying to remember what came in each envelope. They're all the same!! They are both from my burlesque theme, both showcasing lovely corsets. One is a corner marker (in another "so you think you wanna be a lawyer"-type book) and the other is a decorated ribbon. It reminds me of a garter, I like that. Smiley Craftsters, you never cease to amaze me at being able to nail someone's taste, dead-on. On another note, I got a compliment on my little corner corset marker today from a complete stranger. I was like, "Oh, well you should know it's handmade! From Craftster.org, allow me to explain to you!" I am a total missionary for Craftster in my spare time Smiley And you do B-e-a-utiful work, Crystal! A total stranger loved it Smiley

Yep, they were from me! I loved the corset ones so much...the only thing I was afraid of was that the ribbon one would be too delicate because the I sewed the paper on. I hope it holds up! I love that strangers are complimenting them! So glad you like them!  Smiley

I received from gossamer_gull!
She sent 3 bookmarks:

see the one on the bottom? that's hand drawn!
thanks so much gossamer_gull! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2010 06:50:14 AM »

Oh & on an unrelated note:

cuppiecakes83, how did you print on that ribbon (the emily dickinson quote)?

Tero: how did you make that tassle (on my marker)?

It actually came on a very expensive bead that I bought for jewelry making. I knew it was too good to just chunk so I have been holding on to it for a year, waiting for you. Smiley

Knittingjo, I love the Worf quote on your bookmark. LOL I can so see him saying that in the Robin Hood scene. LOL

Everyones bookmarks are so cool and everyone put such work into them! What a great swap this is/was.

I take NO credit or even praise for any work done in the organizing of this swap. Really, this thing is a monster and took on a life of its own. I took one good look and froze solid. This is all Cassie, I have only answered a few questions here and there. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2010 08:24:04 AM »

This swap was so much fun!  Thank you for organizing Cassie, and thanks to Tero and Squire_Inaria for helping (even if it was only answering a few questions Wink  )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2010 12:23:13 PM »

Hi! I got my bookmark from our swap angel Habitat - Lady! It's really cool! It's the string one with the neat beads on the end. I also included the one I got from Angelof music because I think I forgot to post it. It's the traditional one with the Alice in wonderland saying on it.

Here is also the pictures of the other ones I made. Posting so you can see the one I did for out vanished partner Ironyandparadox (sp?) I was really stoked how that one came out. The pictures don't do the colors justice. It's the one with the ballerina.
Front

Back

Thank you to all my partners and the organizer! Everything is really cool!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010 01:17:15 PM by Pixiefirefly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2010 12:40:21 PM »

Here's the bookmark that I sent to ironyandparadox. Since she went MIA, I thought I'd also show it off to the group. It was a beaded one in the colors she said were her favorites and I included a small bird's nest pendant on one end because she mentioned she liked nature.

The pics aren't the best but at least I can show it off.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010 12:40:55 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2010 12:52:48 PM »

Love the bird's nest.  So beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2010 01:09:39 PM »

Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
cassiecate57
« Reply #368 on: September 20, 2010 03:18:51 PM »

I take NO credit or even praise for any work done in the organizing of this swap. Really, this thing is a monster and took on a life of its own. I took one good look and froze solid. This is all Cassie, I have only answered a few questions here and there. LOL

Oh shush! You did a lot! Co-orgs have been awesome, useful, efficient and necessary in this round. Both of you!

I lurve that bird's nest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
habitat-lady
« Reply #369 on: September 20, 2010 04:10:04 PM »

Ohh, That bird nest bookmark is fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sexy Swimsuits For Women of Any Age
5 Stylish Gift Ideas for Her
5 Fresh Ways to Wear Sequins For the Holidays!
The Checklist: 3 Wardrobe Investments
Get the Look: Casual Weekend Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...