A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vera Bradley Inspired Wristlet now with link to tute!  (Read 17566 times)
Tags for this thread: wristlet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dorkgrl26

I'm just me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010 07:38:11 AM »

Nice Job! I saw the little thumbnail pic with your school ID in the front and I thought to myself, "that is totally a CCSU ID." Then I scrolled down and saw that it was. lol. I graduated from CCSU this past May but I still have my student teaching left before it is official! Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So don't take anything for granted, stand outside in the rain. An excuse, you know I planned it. Every ending ends all the same...

http://www.wists.com/dorkgrl26
mompalm
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010 05:47:26 AM »

The fabric is a great alternative to the paisley - gives a different look to the wallet.  Lol at the tape measure on your keychain - I carry one in my purse.

How did you make the finger slots in the ID cover?

mompalm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amylouwho
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010 08:13:48 AM »

I've made a couple of these as well! I love them! However, the worst part was putting the piece in the middle that 'covers' the zipper! Do you have any tricks for that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shellim4
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010 09:57:18 AM »

I have to thank a few fellow craftsters since I used bits of their tutorials to make this.
I used that-darn-kat's quilted wallet tutorial for the card slot measurements:  http://darnkat.wordpress.com/quilted-fabric-wallet-tutorial/
and I used Vanyel's tutorial for the licence holder:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237259.0

Is there a tute for the wallet part itself? I love this but would need instructions as I'm not that creatively gifted. Wink
Shelli
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Graciechan
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010 10:03:28 AM »

It's sooo cute and organised! I'm 100% obsessed with wallets and things with zips and pockets... So this is wonderful! And perfect for school. And a million times better than Vera Bradley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
mglfan
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010 09:13:27 PM »

This is very nice.  I love the zippered part that holds your bills flat.  I, also, would like to figure out how to do that zip around thing.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kids, grandkids, and crafting in JerrySpringerLand.
deruyter2008
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010 12:21:21 AM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Cheesy

about how much fabric did you use?

I'm not quite sure how much fabric I used, I tend to just cut and fudge and hope it works without taking notes. Roll Eyes  I know I had a yard of fabric so less than a yard, beyond that I'm not sure.  I'm making a new one right now out of sturdier material so hopefully I won't get holes like with this one.  I'll try to take notes and update you!

Nice Job! I saw the little thumbnail pic with your school ID in the front and I thought to myself, "that is totally a CCSU ID." Then I scrolled down and saw that it was. lol. I graduated from CCSU this past May but I still have my student teaching left before it is official! Good luck!

Haha how random!  Small world right?  So does that mean you'll still be around campus this year?  Well if you see the huge green wallet you'll know its me! Wink

Lol at the tape measure on your keychain - I carry one in my purse.
How did you make the finger slots in the ID cover?

Haha yeah the tape measure comes in handy being a theatre major with building sets and costumes! Grin  For the fingerslot all I did was cut it out of the vinyl with an exacto knife.  Simple. Cheesy

However, the worst part was putting the piece in the middle that 'covers' the zipper! Do you have any tricks for that?

I tend to think of it like a book, do you mean the binding/spine/hinge fabric part?  I actually put that in before the zipper, and with the zipper it was basically evil and horrible.  I'm sure there are better ways to do it than how I did but I couldn't find a tut ANYWHERE!  So I just kind of went for it and luckily it worked out.  I'm making another and going to try and take notes and pictures as I go so hopefully that will help you out.

Is there a tute for the wallet part itself? I love this but would need instructions as I'm not that creatively gifted. Wink

Wallet part itself?  You mean the whole thing?  It's my design (apart from the Bradley inspiration obviously!) so no there is no existing tut out there right now.  I'm making another one right now and am trying to take pics and notes as I go along.  I'm not sure if I'll do a full tut, I've never done one and find it quite intimidating!  However I will post a mini tut/general directions. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shellim4
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010 07:29:17 AM »

Wallet part itself?  You mean the whole thing?  It's my design (apart from the Bradley inspiration obviously!) so no there is no existing tut out there right now.  I'm making another one right now and am trying to take pics and notes as I go along.  I'm not sure if I'll do a full tut, I've never done one and find it quite intimidating!  However I will post a mini tut/general directions. Wink

Yeah the whole thing. LOL I'd sure appreciate the tute/mini tute. This seems to have everything I'd want, which doesn't happen often!  Wink But I don't even know where to start. Can't wait to see your next one!!
Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Poosel
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010 10:56:33 AM »

I was thinking about the sturdiness part. I had made a wallet about 2 years ago and stuck with it until it fell apart (I was so sad...and it was the longest I've ever stuck with a wallet...I have wallet and purse ADD). I was at the fabric store the other day, and they have this plastic stuff (thinner than ID holder plastic) Could something like that work for the outside? One would cover their fabric with this stuff and sew it as one (does that make any sense?) It could also be wiped (can't drink coffee without spilling it, and work at a vet)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/poosel

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares
deruyter2008
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010 03:52:45 PM »

I was thinking about the sturdiness part. I had made a wallet about 2 years ago and stuck with it until it fell apart (I was so sad...and it was the longest I've ever stuck with a wallet...I have wallet and purse ADD). I was at the fabric store the other day, and they have this plastic stuff (thinner than ID holder plastic) Could something like that work for the outside? One would cover their fabric with this stuff and sew it as one (does that make any sense?) It could also be wiped (can't drink coffee without spilling it, and work at a vet)

I'm not sure about the plastic, not a look I'm into, might work though.  Doesn't hurt to give it a shot though!  Cheesy  Try it out and let me know.  This one was lined with fusible fleece which I'm doing for the next one as well.  I just used quilters cotton for this one but the one I'm currently working on I'm using a heavier duty fabric for the outside, more of a canvas like duck.  I'm hoping this won't get holes worn into it so easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Basic Photoshop
How to Create the Best Baby photographs in Photoshop
How to Lighten Certain Areas of an Image
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...