A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Little Mermaid Shoes!  (Read 9291 times)
Tags for this thread: painted_shoes , ariel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SailorMaat
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010 06:03:22 PM »

I have one word for these. AWESOME!
You did an amazing job on them. So jealous. If I had shoes like these I would wear them everywhere and then everyone else would get jealous of me.
So enjoy showing them off to everyone<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolazoi
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010 06:29:27 PM »

I have one word for these. AWESOME!
You did an amazing job on them. So jealous. If I had shoes like these I would wear them everywhere and then everyone else would get jealous of me.
So enjoy showing them off to everyone<3

haha thanks! i wanted to do that so bad cuz im going to disneyworld tommorow, but someone just bought them today, so now im happy its sold yet sad i cant show them off XD haha

hoping the new owner takes good care of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my page at http://stare-at-you.deviantart.com/  !!!
the_snackmaster
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010 08:00:50 PM »

I LOVE this! I would have bought those in a HEARTBEAT! Awesome job and keep up the great work! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jess!
laughingkat10987
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010 08:07:53 PM »

That's absolutely adorable. i would definitely pay like 40$ for a pair of those shoes but with jack and sally. (from the nightmare before Christmas).   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deruyter2008
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010 01:21:37 AM »

I agree with everyone else, absolutely gorgeous!!!  How much did you sell them for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Duey
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010 03:04:40 AM »

I'll second all of the above. Amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anfitu
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010 08:08:18 AM »

I like this! .... Great job!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillrbassett
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010 10:59:32 AM »

Oh my god. Those are the coolest and best shoes I've ever seen in my life!!! I want those so badly! Little Mermaid has always been my favorite movie and those shoes are absolutely adorable and so well done! I love that every part of the shoe is colored and amazing!! So cute!! How long did that take you? I would never have been able to part with those had I made them. I would have made a replica thing cause those are just amazing. You should make tons of those and sell them because I would buy them in a minute!!! Great job!! Grin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010 11:02:06 AM by jillrbassett » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
lolazoi
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010 02:03:23 PM »

I agree with everyone else, absolutely gorgeous!!!  How much did you sell them for?

I actually sold them for $50 + whatever shipping costs (im not sure yet but anywhere from 10-20$) But a lot of people have been telling me that this price is wayy too low since they take me forever to do. Like one side of the shoe will take 1-2 hours from designing, drawing, to painting. So a lot of time! hahah

I would LOVE it if you guys could tell me what hypothetical price you would pay for them!! That would be a lot of help for me if I decide to start doing commissions. Please and thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my page at http://stare-at-you.deviantart.com/  !!!
deruyter2008
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010 03:36:00 PM »

I actually sold them for $50 + whatever shipping costs (im not sure yet but anywhere from 10-20$) But a lot of people have been telling me that this price is wayy too low since they take me forever to do. Like one side of the shoe will take 1-2 hours from designing, drawing, to painting. So a lot of time! hahah

I would LOVE it if you guys could tell me what hypothetical price you would pay for them!! That would be a lot of help for me if I decide to start doing commissions. Please and thanks!!

I have to agree that is far under priced!  Especially if you think you could buy a regular pair of shoes for $50, then if you take into account your supplies plus paying yourself at least minimum wage it would be far over that. Let alone the fact that you are far more talented than minimum wage.  Don't sell yourself short! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Avocado Hair Mask
Beauty Expert: Beautiful Mess Out of Bed
How to Do a Summer Braid
Finger Wave Curls
How to Get Sleek Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...