A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please Critique My Website....  (Read 1087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Binzie
« on: August 09, 2010 12:48:49 PM »

Hey everyone... so I'm just about ready to launch my photography website, but wanted to get some feedback on it first. I have only sold jewelry in the past- this is my first venture into the area of photography.

Looking for thoughts on the overall design and functionality... Please be honest and share your comments and advice with me!

The website is:

http://www.lindsayobrien.com

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photography:   http://www.lindsayobrien.com
                     http://www.binzie.etsy.com
Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010 04:19:30 AM »

I only quickly browsed as i havent got much time at the moment., but if you are selling these images, you better put a watermark on them. As when you go to the original picture, the quality is decent enough, i can quite easily right click on the image and save it. You can either watermark them but there is also a way of stopping people being able to right click. Protect your images, as why would people pay you money for a print if they can save it themselves for free!

Giovanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
craftzeeLucy
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010 03:11:26 AM »

It looks decent for start, although I agree with Hebe73 for watermarks.

And I would definitely recommend that as soon as you start making some money from it, you should ask for professional help on web design because it is missing that pro look.

I can not tell you exactly what to change or to do to make it look better, but look at it like this - you can always feel the difference when photo is taken by someone with skill and talent and by some random individual who knows how to push that button on camera, right? ;-))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be creative, be craftzee

http://craftzee.blogspot.com/
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010 06:32:33 AM »

If you're going to sell professional photographs with people in them, you have to get releases from everyone who shows up in the pictures. Also, there are very weird things about some "places". Did you know the lighted image of the Eiffel Tower at night is copyrighted (unless it's a panorama view of Paris), but the image during the day, unlighted, is not? That's because the artist who did the lights has a copyright on it.

The load on the front page was super slow. I wouldn't stick around that long on a normal day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMuseFactory
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010 07:32:15 AM »

I have a high speed connection and I wasn't even able to really navigate it because it was super slow!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creatastic
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010 04:26:43 PM »

I loved it! I think it was very easy to use. The front page was just a little slow but not more than usual for me and I use a tethering connection from a cell phone. The pictures were awesome. I agree about the watermark even though I don't know much about that. One thing that bothered me was that everything was in lowercase letters. I find it harder to read and think it might be easier to use capital letters. Other than that I think it's awesome! I like the simplicity of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Pistola
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010 11:44:20 PM »

I agree with most of what is being said. I think to make it a bit more professional I would change the font. It just doesn't look quite right. Play around with it and see if you agree or not. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Party Sandwich Recipes
The Ultimate Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
The Meatball Shop’s Classic Meatball Recipe
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
Monte Cristo Burger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...