A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your sewing room setup!  (Read 2895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

follie
« on: August 09, 2010 12:12:31 PM »

Grin

I am setting up a sewing area in my apartment, and love looking at pics of other people's areas! I bought this book from Goodwill (99 cents!) that was like sewing bliss for me, but I would love to see more! Smiley When I have mine set up, I'll include a photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady.lin
Costume Queen

Break the rules, not your tools.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010 03:14:18 PM »

Oh drat! I'm moving at the end of this month - and then moving AGAIN mid-November! If this thread is still kicking around by December, I'll post pictures. :-D

However... this is where I used to sew:

It looks horrible! I know! I live in a cottage behind a bigger house. A friend in that house set up her sewing room, but also uses it for storage... I got tired of having to move all her stuff around just to work, so I brought all my stuff down into my little cottage. It's cramped, but it works. (And I don't have anyone but myself and the cat to blame for messes.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniJo85
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010 03:45:14 PM »

This is my window. It's looks pink here so it's spray painted red and I scratched this in the paint to flip out people walking by and my nosy neighbors. People think I'm weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be my facebook friend! Willow Grayson (the koala).

http://www.workinginthegreenroom.blogspot.com - My Blog!
http://www.vendio.com/stores/JoliVousHomemade - My Shop!
http://www.wists.com/MeanOrange - My Wist!
Strawberryh

Jesus save me from your followers

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010 11:30:48 PM »

The most important thing is furniture that works for what you do and how you live in a space.
This is the piece that I sew on and also do most of my crafting on. I also hang my cutting mat and ruler on the wall.

Here it is with the leaf up. The edges of the photo show the door frames that this little space This is wear I use to have the table but I craft more then we eat at the table.

When I need to clean up for company I can put the machines under it and lay down the other stuff

then shut the lid. There are also cubbyholes underneath

I moved the Table to the Living room and do put fabric on it while I am working and can hide the stuff under the benches on short notice. I didn't remember to take photos but I have two baskets on the bottom shelve of the tall shelf unit that houses my printer & paper holder, school supplies, some postal supplies, they hold yarn and small finished things that are waiting for Christmas.

on the other side of the couch in the living room I have the sewing machine travel case stored (with the vacuum) which also has extra thread cones. I don't cover these things because I wouldn't use them as much if I did. out of sight out of mind for me

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010 09:03:54 PM »

I just love seeing other peoples sewing rooms/spaces!! I really like that table strawberryh! The only thing that would make it even better if you were able to store your machine inside it. I wish I had one of those!
So the first photo's are of my old craft room. It was unorganized/unpacked for almost a year because I was on best rest for my last pregnancy. It's also upstairs so I didn't use it much. Hubby needed a quiet work space to talk to clients so hemoved all his things up there about a month ago. I still have a lot to move downstairs into my new space!

My awesome shelf that hubby made about 1.5 year ago. I use it for buttons and storing patterns and ribbon.

One of my other shelves and closet. I miss the closet!

My new "space" in the nice cool basement! It's still messy though >_< The blue bins have my fabric in them but I will probably move it all to my black shelf once I get it moved.

A little nook that is finally serving a purpose! Luckily the shelves on the wall were in storage that we had found while cleaning (we rent the house)

If I can ever get my craft room completely moved and cleaned I'll post pics lol thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010 04:54:07 PM »

I posted some pics already of my sewing area. They are in the member's gallery. I'll probably be guilty of double posting, but here's my little corner of the livingroom:This picture was taken before this space got full of stuff! There is now a shelf on the side, and stuff crammed under the table.
EDIT: This whole space is crammed full of stuff now! It doesn't look this neat, and there is an ironing board, and stuff on the walls now.

Here's the other end of the space, under the window: I love to sit here with my coffee in the morning, and enjoy the morning sunshine.

Here is the bookshelf-turned fabric storage, for the long rolls to stand in. Notice the board across the bottom?

Here's what this looks like from the other side. from the front door:
Notice how this placements acts as a room divider, and hides a big mess?
This actually was achieved by placing 2 tall shelves back-to back. The table is behind the pretty book display.

And, This is now 2 more low shelves hiding the ugly sewing machine stand:

I keep a closet in the bedroom , as well as the upper cabinets, full of the over-flow. After all; this really is still the livng-room!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010 05:12:02 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

laideebugz
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010 07:18:53 PM »

WE moved into our home last year and I am VERY blessed to be able to have a sewing room all to myself.

I apologize in advance for my very messy room. I will post pics again once I have it cleaned (there are fabric scraps and thread all over the floor) and organized, maybe by Christmas. LOL.

The pics are a bit wonky too because I was holding my phone up high to try and get lots in 1 pic.

My cutting table full of 1/2 started and future projects & my cork board to help keep me on track with orders/projects

threads and notion storage and door into the closet that holds my fabric stash, pics below

the little folding table I sew/embroider on and my trust laptop close by. I like to surf while stitching.

After almost 1 year in bins, my stash is all out, sorted by fabric type and neatly away. looking from one end of the closet to the other

Looking the other way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafting in my cave
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010 12:50:35 PM »

My sewing "room" is a closet. I mounted a folding laundry table to the wall to become my sewing table. Then, moved everything up on the shelves to try to give myself some working room. This closet is 5' x 5-1/2'.

More pictures here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/20880491@N06/sets/72157624494238876/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew, what are you up to? http://asgchicago.wordpress.com/
cricket416
Cats really don't like to ride bicycles, no matter how much duck tape you use.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010 01:53:06 PM »

I'm setting my room up right now... not quite done yet:

http://www.thirteencanoes.com/blog/2010/08/cleaning-out-the-junk-room/

I went out today and bought an awesome $10 lamp from Ikea that clamps onto my table (which, like many things in my apartment, is also from Ikea).  And I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to put on the walls to help me organize things.  I definitely want a corkboard, and maybe a shelf or two... but the room is our guest bedroom (we've got a 2-bedroom apartment), so everything has to be collapsible and organized enough so that we can pull out the futon when we have house guests.  (Hence, the winged sewing table.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010 03:15:28 PM by Aislynn - Reason: Modified to include image. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
7 Steps to Eating Healthy at Chinese Restaurants
Thai Foodcast: Green Curry Chicken
How to Make a Curry to go with your Beer
Thai Foodcast: Thai Basil Chicken
Easy International Cantonese Steamed Fish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...