A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Piggy Party for a little girl - or boy - image obese  (Read 3951 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_53_entries , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 08, 2010 09:12:03 PM »

This is a bunch of tutorials to help you throw a piggy party for the pig lover in your life!

Included:
piggy snacks
piggy ice cream
piggy pinata
piggy dress
link to a stuffed pig pattern company

Piggy snacks
what you'll need : small pink jelly rolls, marshmallow strawberries, sweet hearts or mini pink marshmallows, pull and peel licorices, icing, chocolate pudding, round biscuits, plate

1)Cut each jelly roll in half
2)Cut top off each marshmallow strawberry
3)Cut licorice in half, pull into individual pieces
4)Glue 4 marshmallow strawberry bottoms onto the bottom of the jelly rolls as piggy feet
5)On one end of the jelly roll, use icing to glue on a sweet heart or mini marshmallow as the snout.  
6)Use icing to give the pig eyes just above the snout
7)Pinch the top of the marshmallow strawberries into the shape of a pigs ear, using icing to attach the ears to the pigs head

8)Tie one strand of licorice into a loose knot, insert this into the centre of the bum end of the jelly roll

9)Put icing on the biscuit and stick the pig on top
10)Paint the plate with a very thin layer of chocolate pudding, place all the piggys in a circle
11)Sprinkle crushed cereal in the middle.

Piggy Ice cream cake
What you'll need: 4 flavours of ice cream (about 1.5 litres of each), peanut butter, chocolate chips, condensed milk, wafer cookies, 2.75" deep 10.75" springform pan

1)put wax paper in the bottom of the pan
2)soften the first flavour of ice cream - do not melt, allow to sit onb  counter for 15-20 minutes, then stir until it is soft.  spread it evenly on the bottom of the pan.  Put this into the freezer for 2 hours.  don't start next step until the first layer of ice cream has hardened again
3)Prepare the first layer of fudge; in a medium saucepan melt 100 gram chocolate chips, 100 grams peanut butter, 3/4 cup condensed milk - once this is melted stir in 1.5 cups crushed wafer cookies.  Quickly spread this on top of the ice cream and return it to the freezer.  wait until this is hard and then move on to step 4.
4)soften the 2nd flavour of ice cream and spread it out using the same method as above.
5)prepare the 2nd layer of fudge and spread it out using the same method as above.
6)soften the 3rd flavour of ice cream and spread it out using the same method as above.
7)preaper the 3rd layer of fudge and spread it out using the same method as above.
8)soften the 4th flavour of ice cream and spread it out using the same method as above.
9)Ice the cake with a thin layer of icing (too much will make for a very sweet cake)
10)Find a pig picture and cut the pig out, lay this on top of the cake and draw around it with a knife
11)Colour in the picture using icing pens
12)Add the words and return to the freezer until about 15 minutes before you want to serve it.

Chair Deocation:
what you need: xballoon software, printer, paper, ribbon, tape

1)Download xballoon software at www.xballoon.com
2)Create the 'ballow'
3)print on regular paper
4)cut out the image
5)tape curled ribbon to the bottom
6)add ribbon to the top and tie onto a chair

Piggy dress - more pics to come - I was in a time crunch and didn't take any of the process
what you need: button down blouse that fits your daughter, pink felt, 1 meter fabric - your choice, binding to match fabric.

1)Cut circle skirt : fold fabri in half one way, and in half the opposite way so you get one point of only folds.  fold shirt along the buttons, use this to mark the fabric on both ways out from the folded point,  draw a 1/4 circle from one point to the other.  measure out the length you want the skirt all around and draw another 1/4 circle, cut along both lines.
2)Sew circle skirt onto blouse, pin carefully so skirt does not stretch
3)remove collar from blouse and replace with the fabric of your choosing
4)trim sleeves with fabric of your choosing
5)pin binding aound skirt and stitch on.
6)cut image of pig and applique to skirt
- you should be able to save the image I have and use it as your applique pattern

7)draw details on pig with fabric marker and hand stitch the "leash" on
8)iron the dress and hang it up until needed

Piggy Pinata
what you need: 1/3 meter fun fur, 30mm safety eyes, 1/3 meter cotton fabric, thread, stuffing, pinata fillers, 7" zipper

1)cut out fabric - hopefully you can create a pattern based on my pic, if not pm me and I will create a pattern for you
- also cut a slit into the belly about 7" long
2)sew outside of pig and insert safety eyes

3)stuff head and legs and hand sew stuffing stoppers in place

3)sew lining of pig

4)put lining into the pig outer shell
5)cover the edges of the tummy opening with the binding and pin zipper into place, stitch into place
6)fill pinata and zip closed, when ready to play, hang and unzip

And her present was the homestead greeter pig with jammies and dress to match her own

pattern www.homesteadgreeters.com

questions and comments welcome, if you need clarification on anything, don't hesitate to ask:)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010 08:14:53 AM by J_Kieviet - Reason: had to add 3 pictures at a time. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010 10:21:21 PM »

Cute idea I used to have a friend who loved pigs and she would have eaten this up. Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010 02:45:48 PM »

Oh goodness! Those piggy snacks are soooo cute. I'm sure kids of all ages (including "grown-ups") would have fun at this party Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
librarylover
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010 02:19:06 PM »

My ten-year-old granddaughter raises and shows pigs at livestock shows. She will love these ideas!
Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jackie K
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010 09:18:37 AM »

so cute, but I'm biased, I got to attend the party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jamboree
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014 11:03:00 AM »

Just adorable.  I absolutely love how you made a piggy skirt instead of a poodle skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Charles Dickens: From Books To Film
Benefits of Using Gaffer Tape
Stop Motion Recorder for the iPhone
The Making of Tarzan: Where Science and Art Meet
Tron: Legacy Costume Designer Talks Light-Up Fabrics, Style, and the Future of Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...