A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (FULL TUTORIAL ADDED!) My version of a $385 bracelet! :) chain and thread.  (Read 89240 times)
Tags for this thread: bracelet , tutorial , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

april again
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2011 03:17:47 PM »

What size curb chain does this project use? I keep looking at chain to buy for this but I want to make sure I buy the right size Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peccorina
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2011 06:59:06 AM »

That is my own version.
I was in a black & white kind of phase when I made it , and that's good because now it matches every outfit and I can wear it all the time.
This was really fun to do! Thanks for the tutorial.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smcmillon23
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2011 08:58:51 PM »

I Loved this sooooo Much! I made one too, andthen I was looking at it and I started thinking... and I ame up with a bracelet that had two chains. one down each side. I would upload a photo to show you, but I don't know how. I'm new to this ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011 08:50:36 PM »

What size curb chain does this project use? I keep looking at chain to buy for this but I want to make sure I buy the right size Sad

You don't need a necessary size, you just need to make sure the chain is really wide...so just look for wide curb chain and you should be good !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011 08:52:35 PM »

That is my own version.
I was in a black & white kind of phase when I made it , and that's good because now it matches every outfit and I can wear it all the time.
This was really fun to do! Thanks for the tutorial.  Smiley

Awesome job, and youre welcome! I'd love to add your picture to the Facebook fan page for my fashion diy blog (where I originally posted this diy project), if thats okay with you! Where are you from? Just for the caption for the picture Smiley The facebook fan page can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Studs-and-Pearlscom/110607272330264 or you can search "studs-and-pearls.com" ! Your bracelet looks great, thanks for sharing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011 08:54:57 PM »

I Loved this sooooo Much! I made one too, andthen I was looking at it and I started thinking... and I ame up with a bracelet that had two chains. one down each side. I would upload a photo to show you, but I don't know how. I'm new to this ^_^

Definitely share a picture of it if you can! Smiley You can use photobucket.com ... upload the picture there, and then copy and paste the link here, and we can all see it! I actually made a necklace with two chains ... funny that you mention that Smiley http://www.studs-and-pearls.com/2010/10/diy-cord-and-chain-double-wrap-bracelet.html is another DIY that I did, similar to this one. Let me know if you need help uploading pictures of the bracelet you made, I'd love to see it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smcmillon23
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2011 07:52:30 PM »

Definitely share a picture of it if you can! Smiley You can use photobucket.com ... upload the picture there, and then copy and paste the link here, and we can all see it! I actually made a necklace with two chains ... funny that you mention that Smiley http://www.studs-and-pearls.com/2010/10/diy-cord-and-chain-double-wrap-bracelet.html is another DIY that I did, similar to this one. Let me know if you need help uploading pictures of the bracelet you made, I'd love to see it.

Yeah, I seen that one, and I wanna try it next time I get more chain. With theone I made, the two strands actually weave through the two chains at the same time.I didn't have to use the little thread to sew them together. I think it would be possible to do it with the cord, too.  

I'm Not allowed to post pictures, but here are the links

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd518/smcmillon23/IMG_5045.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd518/smcmillon23/IMG_5046.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd518/smcmillon23/IMG_5044.jpg
Eventually, I wanna make a tutorial, but I've never made one before, so we will see how that turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riechan
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2011 12:05:21 AM »

I made one too!
Before I even saw your tutorial I had bought some embroidery thread and accidently the wrong chain for my brother but it was perfect for this project! ^^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
fluterbysr
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2011 08:26:29 AM »

LOVE LOVE LOVE these bracelets!  This was the first piece of jewelry I made, following your tutorial!  I have since made a few different varieties and love them all!  Thanks for your post! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2011 09:06:31 PM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2010 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2010 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Transformers Costume
How to Follow a Sewing Pattern
How to Make Lanterns Out of Old Jars
How to Play Carroms
How to Make Finger Paints
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...