A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,790
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Picnic Hamper (Pictures Inside!)  (Read 6329 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_53_entries , picnic , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toy
« on: August 08, 2010 02:42:30 PM »

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/toyvalentine/Creations/Picnic3.jpg

I've always wanted my own picnic hamper and this challenge happened to fall over the first time off I've had in ages so I thought I'd make one as it seemed to fit the summer project theme.

There are quite a lot of parts to this tutorial and seeing as I can't post pictures yet (I'm a long time lurker, few time poster), I thought I'd put it into a PDF. Please, please download it if you like the idea and take a proper look- there are so many pictures there was no way anybody would look at it if I linked to every picture and it's quite long (sorry) as there are several sections to its so I thought putting a link to download it would be best.

The tutorial includes: How to attach hinges, straps with buckles and handles, cutlery & crockery pouches, a napkin & cutlery roll and cushion covers that turn into a bag to carry the rug with.

You can download it here : http://www.tvisevil.co.uk/downloads/tutorial.zip

Here are a few more taster pictures:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/toyvalentine/Creations/Picnic2.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/toyvalentine/Creations/Picnic1.jpg

This is my first attempt at a tutorial* so I missed a couple of photos and had to fill in with computer drawings so hopefully it all makes some vague sense!

* Just noticed some of the steps skip from 5 to 7 etc- oops. I haven't actually missed out any steps, just numbered them wrongly. Just read through in order and it should work.

click for full-size image

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010 12:42:38 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert pictures for new member! :-) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hurts, doesn't it?
Arachnea
Geek Extraordinaire

Geeky Craftaholic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010 05:03:13 PM »

In your Photobucket account, click on "share" above the pictures you want listed in your tutorial. This will bring up a smaller window inside your Photobucket window - on the tabs above, click "get link code" and then select (BBCode) "IMG For Bulletin Boards and Forums", and copy and past the Full size code that is listed there right into your forum post -

This will allow us all to see the pictures right here in Craftster without having to click links to elsewhere -

You'll also want to copy and paste your tutorial right here to Craftster so we can all enjoy it Smiley

Hope that helps,

Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toy
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010 12:18:48 AM »

Thanks for the advice, but Craftster won't let me post pictures yet and there are 29 pictures in my 6 page tutorial as there are 4 different parts to it- I didn't think anybody would read it if they had to click on links to so many photos!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hurts, doesn't it?
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010 12:44:19 AM »

Hey, there!  I've just inserted the photos for you. Smiley  I made them clickable for larger versions, and also left your link in place in case someone would like to download the tutorial as a .pdf version instead.  Hope this helps!

Great tute!  Thanks for entering!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toy
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010 12:48:35 AM »

Thank you so, so much- I was really stressing about this as I didn't think anyone would look.

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hurts, doesn't it?
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010 12:51:02 AM »

Thank you so, so much- I was really stressing about this as I didn't think anyone would look.

Yay!

More than happy to help!  Hopefully someday in the future, we can host .pdf files on Craftster as well.  They are quite helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010 06:37:31 AM »

That's like 8 tutes in 1!! Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toy
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010 07:36:35 AM »

Slight overkill, I know but once I started, I couldn't leave anything out- it felt wrong!

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hurts, doesn't it?
lady4feet
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010 10:15:30 AM »

I love this! I've always wanted a picnic hamper too for some reason, lol. I'm going to keep and eye out for some big baskets while I'm thrift shopping.

Thank you for putting this together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toy
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010 03:12:11 PM »

There's just something so appealing about a proper picnic hamper! I got mine new but cheap and then kicked myself when I found a huge one in a charity shop for the same price, but actually it was probably too heavy and I quite enjoyed making all the straps etc.

Took mine out for a test run tonight and it was great although I think it would be a good idea to add some kind of a cloth to wipe the plates and glasses with before putting them back in the pouches as this was slightly annoying. You could use a plastic bag at a push, but I try and avoid them. Also, my dirty cutlery fitted perfectly inside one of the tupperware containers- I'd definitely recommend this!

One note on straps- I think I'm going to adjust my shoulder strap and attach it like I have done with the other straps, by feeding it through the hamper and stitching so that the weight is on folded fabric, not my stitching as I'm not sure how long it will last! I'm also keeping my eyes open for one of those push along carriers (is there a name for them?) to steal the wheels from for ease.

Glad you liked it- thanks for taking a look!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hurts, doesn't it?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Follow Your Dreams or Get Paid?
Love Thy Neighbor? Not So Much.
Ban All Native Mascots?
Does Gay Mean White?
Is Objective News Dead?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...