A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday - 7/28 Post your knitting WIPs here!  (Read 751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2010 01:17:51 PM »

So I figured I would start the knitting WIP Wednesday because I've finally got a WIP that I can post! Smiley  It's the Mr. Pitt sock pattern for my Dad.  These were originally supposed to be a Father's Day gift, but due to starting them late, a few baby shower projects, a swap and a birthday gift for my mom, they got pushed to the back burner.  The yarn I'm using is Valley Yarns Huntington (great, soft superwash wool!).

Sock #1, I've knitted to where I'm going to start decreasing for the toe:

Sock #2, currently starting the gusset decreases after the heel.  Do you like my combo of dpns and a circular needle?? Yea...I sat on one of my KP Harmony circs while doing these 2 at a time...suckage.  So had to bust out the dpns to get these finished.  So far so good, normally I get lots of laddering with dpns, but so far it is looking ladder free!  Grin

Thanks for looking! I hope to see other people's WIPs!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010 03:07:02 PM by striker923 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010 02:29:33 PM »

Your socks are looking great! You'll have them done in NO time!!!

The things I'm currently working on are top secret until they arrive @ their new homes, but I HAVE managed to finish up the 25 washcloths for the midwives and staff at our birthing center!

They're all smashed in that basket for now until I can think of a nice way to wrap them.  I'm glad to have them done.. one giant thing off my to-do list!

I wanted to knit both an Ishbel and a Multnomah for the nurse and midwife that will be present on our birthing day, but I'm not sure I've got enough time to finish both.  I am still mulling it over, but I need to decide soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010 02:38:51 PM »

They are looking great, striker! I don't know if I've heard of that yarn - I'm going to check it out. I usually just go straight to the Cascade superwash. You're so smart to do two-at-a-time.

I dug these two projects out of the very bottom of my WIP cabinet - they are probably at least 4 years old (probably older). Both are lace scarves that I just never managed to finish. Unfortunately I don't even have the yarn for the white one anymore!! I'm going to try to finish the pink one as it was supposed to be a gift for my Aunt Smiley.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010 02:42:44 PM »

lapoli - you are such a generous mamma! I love the colors of the washclothes - they look great in the basket.

I can't wait to see what swap goodies you've been working on. Which swap(s) are they for? I'll have to stalk the gallery Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010 03:18:37 PM »

Lapoli, I definitely don't think you need to present the washcloths any different: they look great in the basket as is! Or you could just wrap it in cellophane or fabric or something, Easter-basket style! Talk about a knitting machine: you have quite to speedy needles to whip out 25 of them.  My vote is for the Ishbel, I like that winged pattern more than I like the wave pattern on Multnomah. But that's just me.  What yarn are you planning on using, if you do knit one?

LimeRiot: both of your WIPS are great!  For the white one: what if you used like a matching color embroidery thread and just sewed both ends together to make a cowl/mobius/shoulder wrap-poncho kind of thing? That way you can have one less UFO to work on? Or just call it a day and keep it as a scarflette?  The pink scarf is beautiful!  I also think your wound ball are very pretty too (did that sound dirty?? LOL), mine definitely don't look that nice...at all, haha.  Yup, Valley Yarns (the Webs brand) is a great collection and a great financial yarn choice!  I can't speak to how this sock yarn holds up over time, but it knits up great, comes in several colors that work well together (for colorwork) and doesn't felt very much when your husband accidentally puts his hand knit socks in the dryer  Wink  Doing socks 2 at a time feels like it is taking me much longer over the life of the project, but it in the end, both socks are done! If only I didn't sit on my needle, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ficklephonebug
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010 12:00:56 AM »

LimeRiot...your scarves are BEAUTIFUL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Read from Big Fun!
Joseph Maroon Explains the Term Xenohormesis
The Five Greatest Warriors Book Trailer
Adrienne Kane Talks About Cooking and Screaming
Meet Author Jill Connor Browne
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...