This is my go-to side dish for summer time BBQ's. It's always a big hit and super easy to make. I made this for a party last night and every person that tried it asked for the recipe
I don't know the origin of this recipe although it's most likely from my Mom's kitchen. She makes this all the time
You can make as much or as little as you'd like but the below ingredients will serve 8 - 10. Play around with the amounts to suit your tastes. I change it up everytime I make it!
Here's what you'll need...
- 1.5 - 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 -5 green onions (including the light green portion)
- 3/4 cup Girard's Champagne salad dressing
- 1 tblspn lemon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Here's what you do...
- Bring a big pot of water to boil
- Chop up the potatoes into approx 1/2 inch chunks and submerge in the boiling water. I usually just halve the small ones and quarter the larger ones
- Boil for ~8 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not falling apart
- Drain, set aside and cool to room temperature
- Meanwhile chop up your dill and slice your green onions
- Once your potatoes have cooled, add the salad dressing, lemon pepper, dill and green onions and stir gently
- Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste and you're done!!
This salad can be made ahead of time and actually tastes even better if it spends a night in the fridge. Don't add the green onions until right before serving though - they will brown and wilt if added too early.
Random tip...if you cook with a lot of fresh herbs and you don't have herb scissors...get some! They save so much time!! Here's a pic of mine