A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft my pet swap (sign up 8/7/10-8/27/10, send out 9/27/10)  (Read 26541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2010 12:26:53 PM »

Finally decided what to make for Pirate Coley! Smiley  Now the thing that really sux, is I have to wait for the materials to arrive in the mail!  They're coming from the UK, so hopefully it won't take too long......  Huh  I'll start to stress if it takes 2 weeks to get here.  I was in the LV swap, and they said it would take 1-2 weeks for my package to arrive, bit it was a lot bigger than the one I'm expecting.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get here soon!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 12:28:02 PM by Tygermane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2010 02:45:30 PM »

Finally decided what to make for Pirate Coley! Smiley  Now the thing that really sux, is I have to wait for the materials to arrive in the mail!  They're coming from the UK, so hopefully it won't take too long......  Huh  I'll start to stress if it takes 2 weeks to get here.  I was in the LV swap, and they said it would take 1-2 weeks for my package to arrive, bit it was a lot bigger than the one I'm expecting.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get here soon!!

Oooo- I'm excited to see what you're making!! Materials from overseas and all. Wink

I had to change my original plan for yours... Ari's coloring is just too subtle... I've got an altered idea now. It's a little less life-like, but I think it should still look (and represent) her nicely. It'll be the largest project I've ever tackled in this particular medium!! I've also decided what I'm going to make for your daughter. It'll be cute and something a 10 year old will probably (hopefully!) like.

determinedimprovisation's first project is totally done, but I'm pretty stumped right now on the second part. I've got a few ideas, but none I'm totally sold on yet.

I've got all the materials for the projects for both sets of pets, and they'll be pretty quick to turn out.

I'm still waiting on the bits to finish the extras for both you girls. I just couldn't help myself- just HAD to make them. And I love the progress so much that I've ordered bits to make a Pappillon version as a Christmas gift. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2010 03:50:36 PM »

I got home from a painful dentist visit today and my boyfriend surprised me with my cat Mar's portrait made out of pearler beads! I guess he had to have one after he saw the artists other work! Smiley

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelpumpkinkitty/4932699214/

That's awesome!  When I read what you wrote, I was like, okay so a small electric blue cat keychain or something from Pearler beads, but that picture is a work of art!  Cool.

I hope to start actual assemblage tomorrow!  It's going to take me a while and I'm a little nervous about time (first week of school--I'm a teacher---gah!) but I'm super excited for this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 03:51:59 PM by JillHogan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
camelama
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2010 04:02:07 PM »

Yay! Tomorrow I am going on a supply run to a store I hardly ever get to go to, because it's so DANGEROUS to a craft addict like me.  Hee.

I'm taking a friend who will restrain me and carry my cash.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2010 01:00:05 PM »

Going camping this weekend and will be able work on one of the smaller projects for Pirate Coley  Grin  There's nothing better than a relaxing camping trip with lots of crafting time in there! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMuseFactory
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2010 09:10:07 PM »

Sorry I haven't said anything in a while! My mom had knee surgery and I've been playing nurse. But, I am back! I notice a lot of people are talking about the things they are making, and while my partner (who is awesome, btw!) and I have talked about projects. Is it better to keep it a secret and therefore a surprise?

I'm so excited to see what everyone else is coming up with!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2010 09:02:29 AM »

I notice a lot of people are talking about the things they are making, and while my partner (who is awesome, btw!) and I have talked about projects. Is it better to keep it a secret and therefore a surprise?

I, personally, love to tease my partners with little hints about what I'm making. But I never tell what the actual project is. I know some people prefer to keep every detail a secret and that's cool too. I just get over-excited... do the same thing when I have presents for people IRL. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2010 09:23:01 AM »

I finished my partner's small this morning, with the exception of an embellishment that is coming in the mail.  Her large item is also dependent on a mail delivery.  Stuff is coming.  Must. Come. Faster....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2010 12:28:44 PM »

I also tease - but it just depends on what you and your partner want to do! There's no rules on secrecy.  Grin

Got everything cut out for a small set. Fun weekend crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2010 09:11:37 AM »

Just checking in. Still crafting away on the projects. Also waiting on some items to come in the mail also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply a Base Coat for a Werewolf Face
How to Apply a Prosthetic Latex Piece
Finishing the Werewolf Makeup
How to Set the Werewolf Makeup
Face Painting - Tiger Face Details
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...