A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft my pet swap (sign up 8/7/10-8/27/10, send out 9/27/10)  (Read 24497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2010 02:09:05 PM »

PirateColey: your dog is beautiful - makes me miss my dearly departed Pom.  I used to draw cartoons of him and his adventures.

I'm really excited about this one, I can't decide what to make until I see the pet.  I like that it's so wide open as to type of craft.

And I'm very excited to get a representation of my fat old kitty, her health is starting to slip and it will be wonderful to have a memento.

That is exactly why I am doing this swap too. Except my poor old kitty is skinny and not fat. I thought maybe I was being a little morbid, but now I feel better about it.

I don't think this is morbid at all. When one of my cats passed, the vet took her paw print in some kind of plaster. When I miss her, I rub her print (like a worry stone?) I also have a friend that spins pet hair into yarn and people make all kinds of things for this very reason. Having something to touch/hold that reminds you of your pet can be so comforting.
I still carry a tiny tin with some of our cats fur in it around in my purse every where I go.  And he passed nearly 10 years ago....I am hopeing to have my Cosmo made into a tiny gem when he has to leave...I'll also be getting a tattoo over my heart when he ..well you know...And he is only 6 now and in good health.  It is sooo sad that they have to go so much earlyer then we do.  And I burst into tears when ever I hear of one of the little angles leaveing there human...but the love they give is worth the pain I think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2010 04:16:07 PM »

Oh! I need to start saving Eevee's fur so that I can have someone spin it for me. My family thinks it's disturbing, but I'd love to be able to craft something with her lovely fluff. Smiley

I actually just had that same thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010 04:48:45 PM »

Oh! I need to start saving Eevee's fur so that I can have someone spin it for me. My family thinks it's disturbing, but I'd love to be able to craft something with her lovely fluff. Smiley

I actually just had that same thought.

I would love to have something made out of my bunny's fur. I probably wouldn't be allergic to it after it'd been off the skin and though the washer several times, though I do love the idea of the foot print casting for either of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010 06:46:22 PM »

I wanted to craft something from my dog's fur before he died. I lived 600 miles away at the time though and my mom was too distracted to gather some up, so I don't have anything. I don't think it is weird at all to want a memento of a beloved pet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010 05:30:06 PM »

My mom has kept the dog collar and tag from my child hood pet.  I'll be taking it on as mine at some point.  My guy now is a poodle, so I keep his fluff anytime I shave him when he is on is polar bear faze (long enough to do something with).  I have baggies of black fluff all over the house.  I want to spin it some day...or have someone who knows how to do that (heheh) do it.  But I think I might beable to needle felt it perhaps.  He is so funny when he finds a bag of it.  He is sure there is a dog in there some where..

I also have kept all of his dog tags to make a charm bracelet with...cept this year they have said they will be adding a deckle and we will be keeping the same tag...how lame is that??  It will either fall off or get stuck in his fluff I think..but we will see.  Anyway...I feel like I have to do everything I can to preserve our time together.  I don't understand how people can think that is morbid really...I don't feel it is focusing on death, it's preserving life...besides the Vitorians would make things out of the hair of there beloved humans, and now it is considered art.  I love the idea of someone in the future finding my art pieces and researching my guy...thru craftster LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2010 05:37:45 PM »

Just a random note- I've heard people who needle felt with animal hair say that it's REALLY difficult to felt with the hair alone... Most mix the hair with similarly colored fiber. That way you get the texture and stay-ability of the fiber, but the personal nature of the fur. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010 05:57:40 PM »

I love the idea of a charm bracelet from tags. It would almost be worth the money to re make one for my old dog, since I know I have his collar somewhere, but he hadn't had a real ID tag for years. We just put a bell, rabies tag, and one of those licence plate key pull things on his collar. Plus, the dog I have now needs a new tag since we've moved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
ShiloDisease
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010 06:13:56 PM »

Ah, crap.
I wish I could sign up, but this is only my Fourth Post, maybe I could post a bit more so I can join in and I gotta see if it's okay with Daddy.

I could SOOOOOO make someone's pet out of clay or make a stuffed animal of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WANNA DO A PERSONAL SWAP!!!!:
Degrassi The Boiling Point Swap: I WOULD LOVE A ELI, ZANE, ADAM, CLAIRE, OR SAV DOLL!!!!
Repo! : Zydrate Syringe, please?
FLUFFEH PLUSHEH!!
Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010 06:48:00 PM »

I just wanted to share that I saw this Catopus today on here and thought it was awesome! I'd love one of my cat. Cheesy

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356702.msg4177137#msg4177137
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/minusxl3lindfold
Facebook: (always looking for crafty friends!) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000584671613

Current Swaps:
TheMuseFactory
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010 09:06:53 PM »

You can actually get ashes put into the tattoo ink : )

Also, even short-haired pet hair is spinable, it just has to be mixed in with another fiber (usually wool of the same tone). I would assume the same goes for needle felting.

Did you guys ever see the woman who knitted an entire outfit out of her own hair?!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Nail Art Tutorial
Night Out Eye Makeup Tutorial
How to Wear Metallic Makeup
Carolina Herrera Fall 2014 Beauty NYFW
How to Make Your Lips Appear Bigger
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...