A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The tenth wedding ceremony...its not like that!  (Read 1660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2010 06:22:44 PM »

My husband got ordained on the internet because his sister wanted him to officiate at her wedding (on a side note everyone always looks at me funny when I say my husband married his sister!) Since then (almost 5 years) he has done various ceremonies for family friends and for the very first time just today he actually got paid to do a wedding! I assist by writing the ceremonies and making sure he is presentable.

I haven't seen any ceremonies posted on here yet, and I hope this is the right place for this! But here it goes...names have been changed to protect the innocent!

We have been brought together today to celebrate the union of Stephanie and Paul . Stephanie and Paul have invited you, their family and friends, to witness and celebrate one of the most meaningful days of their lives. They have come before us with love and joy in their hearts, for today they wish to formally blend their two separate lives together into one.

Family is one of the most important entities in any one persons life. Knowing that someone is always there for you despite your flaws or disagreements can pull an individual through the worst of times. Marriage and the family it creates is one of the greatest gifts a person could ever receive. But as everyone knows family can often be anything but easy, and there may come times when you dont  agree with each other. But it is the foundation of love, respect, and friendship which keeps a family together. Your willingness to accept each others weaknesses and build upon each others strengths is what will make the foundation you have laid into a loving home.

Marriage is a great commitment, but as with most things in life a bit of work yields great rewards. It is my greatest wish for you both that the love you feel for each other today will grow and deepen throughout your marriage. That you marriage will become a safe harbor for the two of you, through whatever life may throw your way, and that you may take strength in each other to face any challenges.

Stephanie and Paul have chosen to declare their love and commitment to each other in their own words. So now if it is still you desire to become husband and wife, please join hands and pledge your vows to one another.

We will now proceed with the candle lighting ceremony. May I please have the mothers come forward to light the candles.

These individual candles represent your separate lives up to this point, the choices you have made and your actions have brought you to this day. By lighting your family candle you reveal how two lives can create something of even more beauty.  As you lift your candles to light your family unity candle together, so may your love for each other light up your life as a family.

*lighting Couple light unity candle

From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls are destined for each other and find each other, their streams of light flow together and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."

Through their wedding today Stephanie and Paul are uniting a family, to celebrate the occasion they have a token for their daughter.

May I have the rings?

A wedding ring is the physical symbol of the love you bear for one another and of the commitment you have made today. A ring is a circle, which has neither beginning nor end; it represents the journey you have undertaken. The path you travel did not start today, nor will the end be reached tomorrow. In exchanging these rings you pledge to travel this journey together.

Stephanie please place your ring on Pauls hand and repeat after me.

I give you this ring and with it my heart. I choose you to be my companion, husband, and father to our child, this day and every day hereafter.

Paul please place your ring on Stephanies hand and repeat after me.

I give you this ring and with it my heart. I choose you to be my companion, my wife, and mother to our child, this day and every day hereafter.

Stephanie and Paul have committed to sharing their life together. They have declared their love and devotion to one another before God, their friends and their family. They have made pledges to each other, symbolized by the exchanging of rings. They understand the responsibility marriage brings and have chosen to embrace it, together, as a family. So it is with great joy that I pronounce you husband and wife.

Paul, you may now kiss the bride!

Ladies and gentlemen it is my privilege to introduce for the very first time, the _________ family!

I'm pretty proud of this, its pieced together from other ceremonies with some parts original by me. They thought it was great and on reading it a couple of weeks before the ceremony the bride even teared up!

Thanks for looking (or reading in this case!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010 07:14:02 PM »

AWWWWWWWW! I can totally see why the bride would tear up! That's one of the best all-faiths ceremonies I've ever read/heard/witnessed/what-have-you Cheesy Congrats on being such a great sappy writer! Makes me feel all squishy inside Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochet-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010 04:47:53 AM »

Nice job!  My BIL (my husband is one of three brothers) did our wedding after getting ordained online and one of his favorite moments related to the whole experience was when their grandmother said to him when he and the youngest brother were visiting a few weeks later "So I hear you married your brother"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Underwater Photography Advice
Food Photography Tips
Photography Composition Tips
Telephoto Lens Tutorial
Smile Tips for Perfect Profile Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...