A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,956
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog Swap Round 4-sendouts sept25  (Read 7060 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amazing_784
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010 10:43:43 AM »

I might join in on this one.  My baby, Emma, loves toys.  That's her in my avatar picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GigglingPagan
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010 04:59:33 PM »

But as long as they dont get wet they hold up very well.

Hmm could be a problem about not getting wet

Re: knit/crochet dog toys and moisture - I've found the easiest way to avoid the knit/crochet wet toy slobber disaster is to knit or crochet a double layer and make it larger than you intend and make it entirely out of non-superwash wool or another animal fiber....felting/fulling is just applying friction to wool or natural animal fibers with heat and moisture.....a dog slobbering and chewing on a toy provides friction, heat and moisture. When the dogs are done playing with their toy, you have a perfectly felted toy they can continue to play with that is even STRONGER than the original because the fibers have all locked together! It's worked well so far, even for a dog who can rip through a black KONG toy in under two hours. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010 06:46:46 PM »

Quote from: Mod35tBabe link=topic=355952.msg4178844#msg4178844
date=1282024523

Re: knit/crochet dog toys and moisture - I've found the easiest way to avoid the knit/crochet wet toy slobber disaster is to knit or crochet a double layer and make it larger than you intend and make it entirely out of non-superwash wool or another animal fiber....felting/fulling is just applying friction to wool or natural animal fibers with heat and moisture.....a dog slobbering and chewing on a toy provides friction, heat and moisture. When the dogs are done playing with their toy, you have a perfectly felted toy they can continue to play with that is even STRONGER than the original because the fibers have all locked together! It's worked well so far, even for a dog who can rip through a black KONG toy in under two hours. Wink

Take note people, if you're my partner it would be awesome if you can do what's suggested above Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Xbeautiful_disasterX
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010 12:33:20 PM »

Quote from: Mod35tBabe link=topic=355952.msg4178844#msg4178844
date=1282024523

Take note people, if you're my partner it would be awesome if you can do what's suggested above Cheesy

Hey! I never thought of felting it! (biggest blonde moment of the week...lol) Very do-able!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

"Because Flakers go to Craft Hell, where you have spend all your days picking glitter off of wool sweaters.  Just saying. No one wants that."-shadow box
My pintrest:  http://pinterest.com/lisa5691
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010 10:36:33 PM »

I'm glad it's doable lol - I'd love a toy for Buddy that he can't demolish easily
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010 10:44:50 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire! Sophie and Georgie are excited! They want me to add more stuff for them to my wishlist Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Britness
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010 06:51:05 AM »

OH OH OH!!! I DID LAST ONE...was sooo much fun! I am currently doing Mini 13 days of Halloween swap , HHMMMMmmmm I'm just about done with that one....I just might do it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
Britness
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010 07:53:15 AM »

Ok i gave in!!! YEA meet Morpheus!

22 lb 2 and half year old Boston Terrier, that like all Bostons love to play hard and sleep hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010 08:10:03 AM »

Morpheus is so adorable! Love Boston terriers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010 01:40:22 PM »

Partners posted on the first page!
Sending out questionnaires now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 5/5
How to Crochet a Half Pinwheel Border
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 1/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 2/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 9/16
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...