A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: chocolate heaven  (Read 2433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010 02:37:43 PM »

Oh wow this looks delicious. My waffle iron came with a small recipe book and one of the recipes was for chocolate waffles. I've been wanting to make them and now I'll want to add chocolate ice cream too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

themouseandme
"We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010 09:08:48 AM »

Recipe... Hm, there is a problem that I only make every recipe once and I'm not sure which one I used here. Nevertheless ALL chocolate waffles so far were delicious! Wait - I checked the date of the picture (thank to digital photos Smiley) and found the recipe with that date (yes, I'm a nut - I accually write a date when I make a new recipe - but it was my male's idea Cheesy I initially just made a mark that I've done it than he remembered it would be fun to know when - and it is fun - you can not belive how long can a person remember certain flavour! Now my dad suggested that we also write the occasion if there is any or if we made a recipe at his place,... soon I'll have to write a book every day Sad - I cook every day...) - anyway here's the recipe:

BELGIAN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SUNDAE WAFFLES
2 cups flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 cups milk
6 tbsp (3/4) stick unslated butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate ice cream for topping - she says 1 quart but you can eat more if you are me Wink
rich chocolate sauce

mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Beat egg whites into a stiff peak. Beat egg yolks, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Lightly mix dry ingredients with the wet ones and fold in egg whites.
Spoon or pour about 1 cup of batter into HOT waffle iron and bake until crisp - about 4 min. Top with ice cream and rich chocolate sauce.

THANK YOU!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." - Friedrich Niezsche

"The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing." - Marcus Aurelius
Reindeary
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010 09:09:14 AM »

Disappointment D:
 Didnt taste sweet at all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veri
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010 01:29:49 AM »

Could be if you are used to very sweet flavour in cake. I live in Europe - we don't use as much sugar in our recipes as in USA and are used to less sweet. Though this recipe is from a book in English - I don't know where the author is from.
Brown sugar is not so sweet as normaln sugar. You serve this waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce so if they were really sweet that would be too much for our taste. We always put something on waffles we don't usually eat them alone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Winning Burger Recipe
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Spring Vegetable Frittata
Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Bobby Flay on French Fries
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...