A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap Rd. 4 Gallery  (Read 8503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010 12:48:59 PM »

I can relate to that, I feel like Gus right now... Oh, and Jareth! (And that bird hat guy, but: Jareth!)

I think my soup arrived today while I was at work - at least I have to go and get some certified mail from the post office tomorrow! So many hours until 10 am!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010 02:07:37 PM »

After constantly checking Deutch Post and trying to translate the web page, I got my package from Anna.wahnsinn today! She really gave me a wonderful variety of beads. I loved them all, but I have some favorites and started scheming what to do with them.  Wink Prepare for a ton of photos!

Here's my Lot of beads! All of this came in a small box- she has a talent for packing, cause I don't know how she did it. That post card is a picture from a place she vacations often in Liselund on Mn (Denmark). It's beautiful. You can see the box of wooden beads in that box to the left- just that surpasses the 1 cup minimum. A ton of Beads makes Venus a happy happy girl. Cool

Here are some great wooden bead necklaces she said she put them in for packaging, but I like them a lot!

Here are all the great seed beads, and some acrylics she sent, along with bead caps. I'm so giddy to start using these. Wink

Here are my favorites, Hello Kitty bell & a flowery square bead with a dragonfly on the other side. She sent some bead spacers, charms, and garnet chips with silver findings. I'm making some great earrings out of those!

Lovely glass beads and fabulous lamp-work beads! *Gus- Beads! Pretty pretty beads!*

Then my adorable Purple Hello Kitty charm bracelet with matching earrings! The lobster clasp is a heart. I love the purple pearl, cat eyes, and swarovski rondelles. This is only coming off for dishes, sleep and showering. I love it so much! Grin

Thank you very very much. You were a great 1st time swapper, it's as if you've done this many times before. Whom ever gets you as partner for your next swap is very lucky! Kiss Happy Crafting (with my beads) from America Anna!

Sorry for all the pictures, I just had to gush. It feels like Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april again
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010 03:18:29 PM »

I received from Tero today!

We both like taking apart junk jewelry for beads and components, so I got a nice lil stash of that! The pearl choker has a really cool box clasp I am going to try to get new crystals in.

She made me a lovely pair of earrings and a pretty bookmark!

Here are some of the highlights of my soup. Cool beetles wings! Pretty art glass beads, a cute lil owl bead, some neat felt beads, BOBBY PINS! ( I am growing my bangs out so I use these daily), a neat rock bead with two holes and other cool stuff.

An assortment of charms! I especially like the witch's hats Smiley

And a soup of glass beads and seed pearls, seed beads and spacer/bead caps. ( I have not sorted all these yet)

Excellent swap! Thanks so much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010 04:45:47 PM »

I LOVE the little witch hats!  Super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010 04:52:05 PM »

I received from wx2dzug today and boy was it fantastic!  The first clue was how heavy the box was when I retrieved it from our mailbox.  She totally gets my taste, I wanted to photograph each bead individually!  Here is the first group, sorted by color.  Loves them! 

Check out this set of gorgeous stone and glass beads.  Aren't the colors pretty?!

The glass beads at the top of this photo remind me of red and black licorice.  She sent me some hand-wired beads (lower left) that I'm going to study as a how-to, wired shells (lower right), two really cool carved ones (center) and an awesome assortment (upper right).

The spacers and charms are perfect!  The bee (upper left) is right off of my wist and will have a place of honor in some future project.  See those metal crowns?  I was totally heading into town tomorrow to buy one for a project I am working one.  Town is an hour away.  How perfect!!  Next to them is a blown glass grape cluster bead which is too cool.  The hand charms remind me of mehndi, which I do at festivals.  There are garden charms, and I sell produce and honey every Friday at our local farmer's market.  I already have a plan for the poker chip charm.  They all just suit me. 

Finally, and I can't believe this, she made me a loaded bracelet!  I haven't had it off since I opened the box.  My daughter wants one for Christmas and I've been studying photos to try to figure out exactly how they're made.  Now I have a gorgeous one of my own to use as a reference. 

Thank you so much, wx2dzug, for the wonderful package!  I am thrilled and inspired.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010 12:40:08 AM »

No soup for me yet, it was only a silly letter (from a postal study I'm taking part in, never had to go get one before!).

V3nu5, I'm glad you liked everything!

I'm not sure about the metals being silver, though! Especially the bracelet, it said "versilbert" (= silver plated) on the tag in German, but only "silver coloured" on the back...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010 09:21:59 AM »

Anna.wahnsinn- Oh that's fine. I dont have any allergies or sensitivity to non precious metals.  I should have stated silver toned. Yes of course I loved everything very much. Again, thank you from the bottom of my happy heart. This was a wonderful swap. THANK YOU Jennie!

Tero- I love those rose hairpins, and the ring! I need to scavenge some bottle caps to make Labyrinth resin goodies.  Cheesy

April again- I'm so jealous of your halloween charms.
We both like taking apart junk jewelry for beads and components, so I got a nice lil stash of that!

I completely agree w/ you and Tero. I even have my dad & grandfather looking for beads, and costume jewelery for me to dismantle.  Tongue

MissingWillow- I'm in love with your wire wrapped beads, and all the brown fall colored beads. That loaded charm bracelet is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

timpani~jax
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010 03:36:26 PM »

I received a fantastic soup from MissingWillow today.

Everything together.

Some of my favourites. Beautiful teal coloured buttons, gorgeous glass beads, really love the mix of colours.

I only recently got my ears pierced so don't have many earrings yet, but I now have two new pairs!

Thank you so much MissingWillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vw69
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010 04:09:57 PM »

The swaps look great.

I apologize to darkangelwingz because I am on the road finishing an archaeology project and have not gotten home to get her package. I should be done Thursday or Friday. I will post as soon as possible. I am very excited to get fresh beads.

vw69 (Karen)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010 07:05:37 PM »

I received a over the top bead soup package from April Again yesterday.  She spoiled me so much. Smiley

She sent me vintage jewelry to die for. Some of these will just got straight into my bauble box and will not be taken apart. Smiley

She sent so many beautiful beads and all of them are really wonderful quality as well. How cute are these owl beads? !!

Even more beautiful beads. Yes that is a package of crystals... She also sent a big bag full of ring findings. I can not wait to make rings out of fun stuff. Smiley

Annnnddd even more beautiful beads. These are all natural stone beads Smiley

Then she made me two of the prettiest pair of earrings. April if you have good pictures of them please post them. I tried and tried to get some good shots of them and just could not do them justice.

The red ones are so very pretty. They are so dainty and the wire work on them is beautiful.

The orange tile ones I love so much as well. Smiley

A close up of three of the things that made me squeal out loud. Smiley

April, thank you so very much. You really went above and beyond. I am really touched by all that you sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take a Group Portrait
How to Take a Portrait
How to Take Great Photographs
How to Take Pictures of Wild Animals
How to Choose the Right Lens for Your DSLR Camera
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...