A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap Rd. 4 Gallery  (Read 8196 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iliveonarainbow
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010 08:19:55 PM »

I received from the lovely wx2dzug yesterday, and I feel she really spoiled me. She sent so much!

Here's everything together. It's like a rainbow!
I don't want to overload the thread, so I'll make some thumbnails below.

I love the circle beads, they remind me of tigers!

A few of my favorites from the blue group.

Really loved these ones, the flowers are so cute and the sun and moon ones were really neat.

Loved these green ones.

Some of my favorite green ones.

Love this assortment of purple beads.

LOVED these wood beads!

She sent me tons of charms and spacers. Loved the hand ones.

Random jewelry making things. She sent me some bookmark thingies that even I didn't know I wanted, but now that I have some, I'm super excited to make some cute bookmarks!

Super cute charms. Loved the animal ones.

I have been wanting more of these kinda charms! Absolutely adore them!
And lastly...

A gorgeous necklace! Love it, I wore it the day I got it!
Thank you soooo much wx2dzug!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010 10:00:22 PM »

All i can say is "Wow". People really did get spoiled this round. The bar has been set and now the next round of Bead Soup participants will use our swap for wists and reference.  Cheesy Sorry, didn't mean to sound so boastful, I'm a bit tired. Lovely beads iliveonarainbow, Tero & timpani~jax.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010 10:40:31 PM »

just a lurker here that wanted to say you all got some faulous suff!! I really hope that I can participate in the next one it looks like too much fun =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010 07:42:50 PM »

Here is the video of the package I received from my partner! I love everything (especially the bracelet and earring set directly from my wist!) and can't wait to get back into using seed beads! Thank you thank you thank you!

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jWCy06kZAo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010 04:37:57 AM »

Here is the video of the package I received from my partner....

LOL, I have never had anyone post a video of what they received before!  Way to go Dizzer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010 04:52:44 AM »

Organizer Note:  While doing some swap housekeeping this morning, I started checking DC#'s on the USPS website.  It seems 6 packages have been received that I have not gotten any PMs about.  Some of the packages were received 6 days ago!

Ladies, this is unacceptable.  You MUST send a PM to your partner AND myself when you receive!  

I do note poor communication and lack of picture posting in feedback.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010 04:53:55 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010 05:53:31 AM »

Here is the video of the package I received from my partner....

LOL, I have never had anyone post a video of what they received before!  Way to go Dizzer!

THAT was a super fun way to check out someone's bead goodies. Smiley I LOVE the music that went along with it. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010 08:54:39 AM »

You never realize how long a few days are when you are waiting on your computer to be fixed.....anyhow! Problem solved, so after days of waiting, I can FINALLY post pix of my wonderful soup VW69 sent me!  

First off, she made these wonderful earrings- favorite color is red and the other is a dragonfly with beads- just adorable!! She did a great job!  (Sorry so blurry, I just wanted to get them posted!)

next some great beads- (I really love the red one in the bottom corner- it has raised white dots on it!), the blue group on the left hand side has some wonderful gold lines going thru them, and there are some odd shaped beads that look like they're from shells (the dark ones, pink ones and peach ones in the top corner)- soooo neat!

more great beads, the deep blues ones are so pretty!

and finally some beautiful white ones, metals, spacers, bales, endcaps, and two feather charms with turquoise beads (my boys wanted to snag those!!)

Thanks so much, Karen- I feel very spoiled!

now I wish I didn't have to work today, I'd rather start beading..... Wink
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010 09:26:11 AM by onecrazymom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim. etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010 10:02:29 AM »

I received from timpani~jax today, and she really sent the most gorgeous beads, a very nearly magical package! Thank you thank you thank you! Happily the envelope was stuffed into our mailbox, so I got some work done on an overdue essay and can now play a little with my shiny new beads...

But first, after having battled with the photo hosting which decided it would only load one or two pictures in one go today...

First, everything together (imagine a very happy and giddy girl behind the camera, can't wait to play!):

The Soup:

I love cream, and teal, and purple, and black, and brown, and recently pink, as well. There is so much in there, purple flowers, lovely black lampwork beads, seed beads, tiny shiny pink hearts and crystals, cream pearls, teal leaves & teardrop shapes, black glass beads (always a staple for me!), strands of seed beads, great wooden beads in different shapes and sizes, flowers, cubes, chips - many many things that would have made me happy if this would have been everything already. The red wooden beads are not that flashy in real life, it is rather a subdued tone that I like a lot!

But that was only half of what I got, see:
Lovely beads in brown: 4mm light brown wood (perfect!), regular seed beads, cat's-eye chips & shapes! Did I mention I love brown? And I distinctly remember posting just here on this thread that I was going to do something with chips...

More seed beads and tubes in black tones (which is what I mostly use, so perfect!), and amber coloured iridescent large seed beads that I have had in a smaller size already for years, and now I have enough to finally make the necklace I've always wanted from them! (happy sigh!)

Aaaand Spring colours, white stone chips and light rose pressed matte crystal shapes, vintage cream pearls and more seed beads:

Some of that will go on a present for a very lovely girl for her second birthday...

A picture of the strands & the chips on their own, just because I love them. The seed beads are very small, 2mm max. And as you can see, one of the teal seeds decided to go live in a wooden bead. We might have to talk about that, though.

And what I nearly love more than the beads, because I've wanted them forever: timpani sent me two tiny glass bottles, that have been on my wist for ages - ever since I saw one on here, filled with origami stars. Now I just have to learn how to do those. And the cell phone thingies, very handy to put one on my phone! Oh, and more beads, of course! See the pretty shade of the triangular ones? Goes perfectly with some of my delicas and size 12s! I told you, magical!

The lovely purple necklace & earrings I got, so pretty! The Celtic design is just what I like, it really goes very well with the purple. And I found 4 more of those flat round purple beads in the soup, so I can even add a bracelet and maybe a ring!

Thank you so much timpani~jax for making my first swap a great experience! I really love everything and am already planning on explaining to DH why beading is more important than helping him with the dishes and stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
timpani~jax
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010 12:17:09 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Choose Color Settings
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Preferences
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Workspaces, Location Tracking and Slide Shows
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - File Naming Inside the Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Manage Your Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...