A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap Rd. 4 Gallery  (Read 9650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010 05:57:13 PM »

WOW I love that owl and the beads are beautiful. Smiley Whole hanks of beads !! Beautiful Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010 07:40:34 PM »

So glad you are pleased. Grin  I really went above my comfort zone with that beaded snitch. I think I made like 3 prototypes of the sphere before I got it where I liked it. The same for the wings, only not as fun. I know I packed that poor box, but I had plenty to send, and barely put a dent in my stash.  Roll Eyes I do love to spoil.  I'm really glad the package got there so fast, since you told me it get's pretty hot in Kentucky in the summer. Didn't want your gummi's to melt.  Wink Have fun on your trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iliveonarainbow
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010 08:33:33 AM »

Funkypork, yay! I'm happy to hear you like everything!

Jennie, I'm LOVIN' those south western beads, and the sushi ones are super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
educharme
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010 08:48:46 AM »

I rec'd from iliveonarainbow! Everything was so wonderful!

The wonderful blue necklace made for me! I love it Smiley

My bead soup! I love everything. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to do personal swaps. PM me! Smiley

Blog - http://chicnmom.livejournal.com/
Wist - http://www.wists.com/educharme
Etsy - coming soon!
funkypork
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010 09:36:23 AM »

oh I am so very excited that everyone is starting to get their goodies !!! I LOVE those earrings and the bracelet. Is that Jasper?

I haven't a clue what they are!  They feel plastic, and the green and orange looks almost like a watercolor painting...all blotchy and such.  Then there are gold sort of "pen" lines on them (sorry, I'm a disaster at descriptions).  I'd take a picture, but it would be blurry  Embarrassed

And the pink shells are actually a sort of reddish-copper color that I just want to hang in a window or something because they're so purty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." - Jim Henson
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010 03:26:21 PM »

That's what I get for working the whole day - pretty pretty pictures to see at night! I love pretty much everything in here, I've always loved the Beadsoup/Jar of Bead-Swaps. But taking part adds so much fun!
It's like window shopping - I'm always going 'oooh, I want this' or 'sweet, I could do that.' Just in a place with only beadshops...
I'll have to start investigating chips and freshwater pearls/thingies. I believe I even got some already, but until now, I never really knew what to do with them...
BTW, V3nu5, the first two layers are mostly padding. But I hope you can do something with it.
(Make it quick, get there fast, please!)
Weird thing, I have Return To Sender playing in my head right now. Love that song usaully, but right now?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010 03:35:10 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010 07:17:51 AM »

aaaaahhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaa (sung in high soprano voice) Smiley

I got the most amazing bead soup this weekend. My CHILDREN checked the mail on Sat and "forgot" to tell me about it until Sunday. LOL As always though my swap package ended up in my hands at the perfect moment. I was WORE out from processing 30 LBS of pears all day long and just dog tired. THEN one of my little girls comes up with a box..."oh we forgot"  eeeeeeeeeee

Oh but I had fun playing with these....

The loot. I have to say that one of my favorite bits of the package was the card and I am silly and didnt get a picture of it. It is a beautiful inchie with a frame stamp that is the perfect size. I love the card !!

So many goodies, I will try not to over load the gallery. I took a ton of photos and you can see them here...
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=2&ppuser=124569

One of my handmade glorious goodies...

I love glammed up bobbies. Smiley

My other handmade goodies...

She had each of these wrapped up and in a beautiful gift bag. It was like Christmas and I was squealing with each one. LOL finally hubby came over to take a look and he too was dually impressed. I honestly cant pick a favorite. I love them all. I am going to have to share Jared with my oldest daughter though. :/ LOL

Next on the squeal list was this beautiful copper and brass ring. AND it is adjustable. Smiley

A crazy amount of charms. I love each and everyone of them. There is not a dud in the pack. Smiley

A beyond generous amount of headpins and findings. Smiley

I love those S hooks and the ear wires. Smiley

now for the beads. LOL

I have been wanting to touch flocked beads for a year now. eeeeeppp!!!! They are just as wonderful as I thought they would be. LOL

Blue, Smiley ahhhh, wish I had a better camera so you could see the detail on the beautiful beads up front. They are so pretty, they have tiny gold, silver and different color accents on them.

Amber and brown, ALL of them great. I cant wait for fall now.Smiley

Beautiful greens. Yes that is a honkin' huge ceramic bead in the middle. Smiley

Finally cats eye and wood beads. There are beautiful amber colored glass beads in there as well. There was also a really beautiful hank of small cats eye beads that are going to be beautiful as spacers.

Jennie, thank you so so very much. You went above and beyond. I am so very happy. Smiley BIG HUGS !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010 07:40:18 AM »

Just FYI, I forgot to tell you in the card, the oval and the round wooden beads that are medium colored, with lines through them, are olive wood from Jerusalem.  (The other tiny wood and square wood are just random stuff from the craft store.)  I received a bunch of them in a previous Bead Soup swap, and wanted to a small amount with you!

I thought it was fascinating that as the olives are harvested, the bits of wood from their branches comes along for the ride, and they get turned into these stunning beads.  They are so smooth and soft.  Even new they feel, not so much 'aged', but perhaps, 'well loved'?  My family is very Catholic, and they were fascinated when I received beads from the Holy Land.  So I made my father a single decade rosary and a bookmark, and my aunt a bracelet with them.  I can see them being very pleasing and comforting to hold, when praying. 

I am not a religious person or even a Christian for that matter, and so the idea that they came from the Holy Land, didn't have any deep significance for me.  But the idea that they came from olive branches, a traditional symbol of peace and unity, really struck a cord with me.  Maybe I should dig them out and make myself a bracelet too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010 07:53:32 AM »

OH I LOVE that !! I have some rose beads that come from the Holy Land. I will have to make something special for myself with the olive wood mixed in.

I am not a Christian however I was raised Catholic and it still has a very sentimental pull for me. There is something special about having something that was grown from over in that area.
Thank you so much for sharing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AngelicaSews
Grr...arrgh

Beware the mini ninja!

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010 07:54:26 AM »

I know I didn't participate in this swap, but looking at the gallery all I can picture is Gus, the mouse from Cinderella, going "BEADS, ooohhh, pretty, pretty beads" and maniacally laughing...Love them all!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's starting to get cold here, finally!!!

http://wists.com/AngelicaSews
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Potential Ban on Microbead Exfoliators
5 Essential Makeup Brushes Everyone Should Own
The Trick To Applying Red and Nude Lipstick.
The Ultimate Guide to Self Tanners
Get Glam With Gretchen: How to Get Long-Lasting Lipstick
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...