A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Swap! (SignUp CLOSED, SendOut 9/20/10)  (Read 47319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010 01:33:13 PM »

YAY!  Love a swap where I can craft in front of the tv Smiley

I also love the idea of an embroidered art wall!  So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010 01:43:31 PM »

I have a question...I love embroidery hoop wall art, and have a cute little one from Sejimara from another swap.  However, I don't have a lot of embroidery skills.  Is there any place in this swap for beginners? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
alorralora
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010 02:07:11 PM »

I thought I would have to beg off another embroidery swap, but I can't.  apparently I have a problem with these things, too Tongue    so, I sent in my questionnaire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010 03:55:21 PM »

I have a question...I love embroidery hoop wall art, and have a cute little one from Sejimara from another swap.  However, I don't have a lot of embroidery skills.  Is there any place in this swap for beginners? 

Absolutely, Miss Barbara! Truth be told, I'm a bit of a beginner myself Smiley. I do a lot of cross-stitching but I'm still fairly new to embroidery. It's a really easy craft to pick up. I think cross-stitch is a great way to start and there is plenty of time to do a bit of practicing before we actually get going. Please feel free to join us!!

I've seen a few more q'nnaires come in. I'll get everyone added as soon as possible. I'm getting ready for a whole gaggle of girls to swarm my house tonight for wine, cheese and board games so it may be tomorrow before you're officially added.

Thanks for your patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010 04:00:00 PM »

I've seen a few more q'nnaires come in. I'll get everyone added as soon as possible. I'm getting ready for a whole gaggle of girls to swarm my house tonight for wine, cheese and board games so it may be tomorrow before you're officially added.

That sounds fun! Smiley

And Miss Barbara, I've seen some really great pieces done with just running or backstitch outlining. No need to learn any fancy stitches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010 04:04:37 PM »

I've only been embroidering for a couple of months and LOVE it. We saw some beautiful work in the OTET swap from beginners and near-beginners.

What I did was find a few websites with stitch tutorials, got a cheap tea towel, and just started going through and learning stitches. Heck, I ended up getting books from the library to learn even more. Cheesy

For the OTET, my piece consisted primarily of split stitch, with some french knots, satin, and back stitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
xperimentl
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010 04:39:11 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire.  I am a sucker for stuff framed in hoops.
This is the view from my computer where I spend a ridiculous amount of time on Craftster, Flickr, and Etsy looking at all of the crafty goodness.  I only have hoops with my embroidery on there now, definitely need some fresh stuff from someone else to add!

And for the beginners, you can create a beautiful piece with a simple design and simple stitches.  I have done this for a little while now, but I still tend to stick with basic stitches on my stuff.  I think it's better to know how to do a few stitches really well than a ton of stitches with mediocrity. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010 04:45:43 PM by xperimentl - Reason: Added 2 cents. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010 05:14:14 PM »

YAY! I've been waiting for this sign up!

I'm most likely will sign up towards the end. I need to be sure that I can keep some sort of hold on my sanity with the beginning of this school year. Today was Day 1. If I'm still mostly coherent come the 15th, I'll send in my questionnaire. Wink

Oh and xperimentl and Lime Riot, I'm jealous of your needlework wall! I've been embroidering forever but I've never kept any of my work for myself. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010 05:22:37 PM »

Im a total newbie with embroidery too. But this looks like it could be fun, and no better way to improve than to jump from the frying pan into the fire  Cheesy
Ill have to have a think though cos my crafty workloads starting to get rather large  Undecided wonder how fast I can get through it all lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010 06:18:51 PM »

Man oh man, theres so many awesome swaps starting!  Im still a newbie when it comes to embroidery but, I really enjoy it even though I dont know any fancy stitches.  Im really tempted to do this one because it sounds really fun.  And, money wise its perfect for my budget.  Seeing as I already have embroidery supplies and mailing it would be pretty cheap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Brisket With Miller Lite Mop Sauce
How to Make Compressed Watermelon Slices Infused With Vodka
3 Cool Watermelon Recipes for Labor Day
AOL Experts - Summer Wine Pairing
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...