A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: slouchy hobo bag (the tinafish way)  (Read 341290 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chainreaction
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005 07:23:09 PM »

i am in LOVE with your bag.
i especially love the camo with the heart fabric.
so i had to make my own... i'm not totally satisfied with my pleats, but i think after a few tries i should get better. also this was my first purse with a zipper, and i'm happy how it turned out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005 11:00:50 AM »

I made one! I love it and have gotten so many compliments on it...It's deffly not as cool as yours, but I still love it. Thanks so much. I will try to get a pic up soon. (The computer with the camera hook up isn't working....but I'll get it up here sometime) Thanks so much (again) for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
tinafish
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005 11:49:58 AM »

i'm glad the tute's being put to good use! i looooove all the bags i see!! the pleats take practice. the first few bags i made with pleats wasn't the best, but eventually you'll get it down.

've found that if you fold it over and pin it like in the pictures it helps. then as you sew over each pleat. hold the pleat perpendicular to the machine so it stands straight up and then wiggle it somehow so it splits in half so that way it's a "real" pleat. i may need pics for this explaination.

anyway....glad to see all these purses!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

agnes_pennyworth
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005 03:30:54 PM »

I'm proud this turned out...it is my first attempt at using zippers in a bag.  i love the look of this bag.  i think i'll embellish it with some buttons or bows and ribbons or something.  havent decided yet. 

sorry about the poor quality of the pictures...i'm beginning to hate my camera....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun and run should never be in the same sentence, that's like saying, "look at my humour tumour!"
-Ardal O'Hanlon
mary-kate_omg
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005 03:42:06 PM »

Oh my gosh! It's gorgeous! I think I'm going to attempt making one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burningoffandon
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005 08:12:15 PM »

An excellent tutorial! I saw it and I had to try it, so I dug up a zipper and some leftover fabric and this is what I got...

Not as big as I usually like, and the shape isn't quite right, but there will be many more to come Cheesy Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trailsofhearts
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2005 10:29:40 PM »

This is my first post, I have been lurking for two days and this bag really caught my eye, so here I am!  I thought the directions were really great and I love how it turned out, this was also my first time with a zipper.  The exterior fabric is $1 a yard military surplus that I bleached and sanded to give it a more worn look. 

{Pics are clickable]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlepierre
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2005 11:29:17 PM »

It's fabric I silkscreened myself and the lining is from a shirt I reconstructed. I also used a zipper off a pair of pants I don't wear anymore... my new favorite bag was practically free!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my portfolio and blog at www.creatureswitheyes.com

I'm in the mood for a personal swap, anyone want a hat?
lizallen1011
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2005 03:07:38 AM »

I was inspired by this tutorial. I think everyones bags are just great. I made mine a little differently. I used a magnetic clasp instead of a zipper.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
franbags
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2005 03:24:24 AM »

Just reading your tutorial makes me think i can do it!  Fab looking bag.  I'll be back with pix!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Carnival Rides at Night
Off Book: Light Painting
Off Book: Technology Used for Seeing Beyond the Human Eye
How to Take Wedding Photos
How to Turn Art Concepts Into Projects
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...