A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Your Own Damn Bras  (Read 46451 times)
Tags for this thread: bra , tutorial , featured_project , craft_challenge_53_entries , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MagicalGirl
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010 12:33:05 PM »

Do the seams make ridges that show through shirts?
This looks less mysterious than I expected! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for Simplicity 6340 (the 1970's sailor dress). PM me if you've got a copy to swop or sell! Cheesy
McJulie-O
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010 02:43:32 PM »

Very helpful! I think I may be able to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotted zebra
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010 06:21:01 PM »

This is awesome. Awesomely awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010 07:32:17 PM »

WOW That was incredible.  What if you have large breast and need the underwire?  Do tell!!!

I'm yet to give it a go, but I was thinking of finding a pair of old bras at teh second hand shop + taking the unmderwire out of them. I can't imagine it'd be too hard to sew them into the bra. Sew a little channel and then slip it in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010 05:03:47 PM »

WOW That was incredible.  What if you have large breast and need the underwire?  Do tell!!!

I'm yet to give it a go, but I was thinking of finding a pair of old bras at teh second hand shop + taking the unmderwire out of them. I can't imagine it'd be too hard to sew them into the bra. Sew a little channel and then slip it in!

I have to have underwires (gravity hates me). I salvaged mine from an old bra when I made mine, sewed a casing, it needs to be a slight curve, and stitched it to the very edge of the cup. I haven't been able to find underwires at any of my local craft stores, I'm going to check out the hardware stores for some flat wire I think. But I think the best bet is going to be hit up the thrift stores and salvaging them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010 07:30:56 PM »

This is perfect!  I was going through my clothes and found my old favorite(Stupid washing machine destroyed the cups!) And this is a great solution!  THANK YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
moosecafejf

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010 02:50:18 PM »

that was awesome!  I'm excited to try it out asap  Grin.  tutes are way more fun with drippy fonts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theelimonster
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010 02:05:46 PM »

Very cool.  I'll definitely be trying this when I get some free time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph, owner of The Eli Monster
http://theelimonster.com/
Mom to my monsters, Eli and Adlai
isnessofwhatis
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010 09:22:44 PM »

hmmm,  I can see how this would be harder for those of us who are larger.  All my bras are made out of stretchy material and are not padded, I just can't do bras that have a specific shape.  I'll have to find some material similar to the material my favorite bra is made of.  I have two of the same style so I may have to sacrifice one of them.  I REALLY need new bras and just don't have the money to get some that are good fitting (usually Victorias Secret).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap ATC size "pillows" with my fellow teesha moore peeps.
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010 07:49:55 PM »

hmmm,  I can see how this would be harder for those of us who are larger.  All my bras are made out of stretchy material and are not padded, I just can't do bras that have a specific shape.  I'll have to find some material similar to the material my favorite bra is made of.  I have two of the same style so I may have to sacrifice one of them.  I REALLY need new bras and just don't have the money to get some that are good fitting (usually Victorias Secret).

Yes, I do admit this tute mightn't be very useful for bigger busted ladies. I would take apart one of my bras when I was nursing because there were huge, but i don't want to do that. Luckily my friend has really really REALLY big boobies, and we're going to see if we can make her a bra! I'll let you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jane Herman Bishop on Denim Jeans
5 Clever Ways to Remove Gum From Your Clothing
Style Sound-Off: Jaimie Alexander, Stacy Keibler, Nicole Richie
Justin Timberlake Performs in Custom Tom Ford
CMA Awards Best and Worst Dressed
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...