A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cabled SS Hoodie  (Read 1847 times)
Tags for this thread: hoodie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlackResonance
« on: August 03, 2010 02:49:33 PM »

This was originally intended for one of my brothers when he was 10...about 17 years ago, haha. My grandmother lost the pattern and figured I could probably reuse the yarn for something, but I didn't want to take apart all her work. This is how much she had complete: (I'm guessing it was going to be a LS Crew Neck)

And this is what waking up at 3AM produces!
(front)

(back)

Sorry about the overload!  Grin Before I had the sides sewn and hood complete my husband said, "It's disgustingly cute!" Hahaha

I undid my grandmother's work to a few rows before the underarms, made sleeves, then joined for knitting in the round, then did a split neck. There is 1 row of single crochet along this split part that I did after I finished binding off the hood ribknit. The only bad thing about this is that it's Red Heart Acrylic. This is only for layering over long sleeved shirts in the dead of winter. I cannot wait to actually wear it!!! And I was going to make a pattern, but I'm not good at doing different sizes, plus I don't remember how many decreases I did along the top (there were some worked in the cables). The hood came out a little big, but that's better than too small. But it's basically a bottom up raglan, and believe it or not there are only 2 sets of increases in the front and 1 set in the back. The Moss stitch and cables are incredibly stretchy! (Thank God for that, otherwise this would not have fit over my bewbs! lol)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010 02:56:04 PM by BlackResonance » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsc
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010 03:10:25 PM »

This is sooo awesome!!! I am super jealous of your skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands...Exodus 35:25
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
http://gollyholly.etsy.com
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010 04:13:47 PM »

love it.... and it looks GREAT on you.....  how special to have your grandmothers work part of it as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010 05:15:26 PM »

He's right, it IS awful cute (I couldn't bring myself to call it disgustingly cute. I'd say amazingly cute!)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlackResonance
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010 06:11:02 PM »

He's right, it IS awful cute (I couldn't bring myself to call it disgustingly cute. I'd say amazingly cute!)!

Hahaha! Yeah, I was a little confused when he first said that, but I knew what he meant  Cheesy Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thepurplepunk
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010 02:14:41 AM »

Wow, I'm seriously impressed at how you got from a little boy's half finished sweater to that.  Really awesome  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010 07:58:41 AM »

SUPER CUTE!! I freakin LOVE cables, lol.  Drawn to them like moths to a flame.  This looks great on you! It is very flattering!  I think it's great that you preserved your grandma's knitting as well!  I also like that you used carried the moss stitch all over and added a hood! Maybe you could write up and sell the pattern if you have time...wink, wink, nudge, nudge  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
expressmail

Addicted to knitting, but won't share used needles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010 10:24:18 AM »

WOW! Those cables are amazing! It fits you perfectly too--I am very impressed. This may just inspire me to actually learn to cable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't you hate it when people fill up their signature with random junk you could care less about reading but when you see how long it is you figure it has to be important so you keep reading but it's not worth your time and you just wasted a whole minute reading absolutely nothing at all? I do.
dawn0684

You know what? It doesn't matter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010 01:46:41 PM »

That looks really cool. I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps
amazing_784
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010 03:03:40 PM »

I LOVE it!  I should work on something like this too!  How much yarn do you think it took?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Candy Corsage
How to Make a Bow Out of Ribbon
How to Make a Braided Flower Princess Crown
How to Make a Beanbag Chair
How to Make a Birch Bark Basket
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...