A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,021
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Dark Mark Cross Stitch Chart  (Read 1677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theboywonder
« on: August 03, 2010 11:59:01 AM »

I have been on a wicked Harry Potter kick recently and I have been searching for a pattern or chart for the dark mark tattoo and I haven't found anything! I tried to run the picture through a pattern generator and I got a pattern that needed about 20 different colors. I have NO idea what I am doing wrong, but that is not what I am looking for. I am hopeful that maybe one of you might have a link to a good chart to use!
My next project that I have planned is the Hogwarts crest, right now I'm working on the Slytherin crest and I am pushing on even though I am totally sure that it is messed up some, I spent WAY too much time working on it not to finish.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, just ask!
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010 04:56:16 AM »

If I think cross stitch chart + the dark mark, I would say 20 different colours isn't too bad :p. It's also the first thing that came up in my mind, thinking about it. That is the kind of chart I immediately thought about... What exactly are you looking for then?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
theboywonder
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010 08:52:40 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something that would all be black and shades of gray. I was hoping that someone might have charted it already and had it come out looking good with the multiple colors, at least. I'm a bit of a novice still when it comes to cross-stitch and I was hoping that someone with more experience than I might have some info.
So, in your opinion it would make sense for there to be that many colors for the image to look good?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, just ask!
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010 09:17:34 AM »

You can edit the colours you don't want in the pattern too.
I recommend only removing one colour at a time.....recolour-- want away for your computer and see it far away.
And save each time you remove a colour just in case you remove a colour that you wanted!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010 03:39:53 PM »

If you want shades of black and grey, you can edit the picture in whatever program before turning it inot a chart. Now, I still haven't used a program to make cross stitch chart, but I have done a bit of stitching, and I know the maount of colour in one piece of art can be amazing. My sister is about to start a beautiful, rather small cross stitch, with at least 25 colours, mostly autumn colours. For some stitches, she has to use two threads of two different colours. Just saying...
Someone made a cross stitch of the Twilight book cover. When you look at it with your human eyes, you see white, but I don't even want to think about the different shades of white that she must have used.

I'm ranting... Needle has some great advice too! Just go for it! Maybe try to coloured one first, tone it down, whatever you feel like... I never thought trying things out would be this special, but I did my first stencil today, and I'm lyrical :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Light Socket Multiplication
Building an Affordable Posing Table
How to Choose a Great Flashlights
Making Coroplast V-Flats for Backdrop
Using Light and the Setting in Your Photograph
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...