Craft Challenge #54 - Pencil and Crayon Hoopla - Due Sep 1 - Sep 7
09/08/10 - Vote now! Scroll up to see the voting poll!
Wowie, it's already August! For many of us, August brings back-to-school crafting and thoughts of autumn. For me, the back-to-school season brings to mind images of colorful wax crayons and bundles of the good old No. 2 pencils. So this month, we're challenging you to craft with those traditional school supplies -- wax crayons and #2 pencils!
Your challenge this month is to repurpose at least one crayon or
#2 pencil (also known as HB and HB 2) into a gift for someone. Repurposing one wax crayon or one #2 pencil in your project is the minimum requirement. Feel free to use hundreds or even...thousands!
Feel free to use a mixture of both crayons and pencils. You are not required to use any of the product wrapping or packaging for this challenge, but we encourage you to use it, if possible!
You can use other craft supplies and components in your project, but the results should really focus on the crayon(s) or pencil(s).
And don't forget to gift it
to someone! Maybe your entry could even include a little bit about your gift recipient and a photo of them receiving their special surprise from you.
Be sure to use your crayon(s) or pencil(s) in a manner which repurposes them in the project. No crayon roll or pencil cup projects for this one, unless
they are made from actual crayons or pencils!
Here are some fabulous project examples from the Craftster community to inspire you:
Build a pencil sculpture. Carve crayons into teeny house fit for a ladybug. Get creative and have a blast while making a gift for someone!Rules:
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Aug 2 - Sep 7, 2010) only. Projects created before this timeframe will not be removed from the entry board, but they will be excluded from the voting poll.
- Post your craft during the period of Sep 1 - Sep 7 2010. No sooner. No later. On Sep 1 there will be a special folder created for entries.
- Voting will happen from Sep 8 - Sep 15 2010.
- Each participant can enter ONE project (Although your entry can have multiple components to it).
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired
by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project.Prizes:
At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner will get...
(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
And this prize (winner can receive prize in U.S. or non-U.S.):
Any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!http://www.shop.craftster.orghttp://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=70592http://www.cafepress.com/craftster