A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists R2 Gallery Sendouts Changed to September 3  (Read 24924 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

.:dollface:.
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2010 12:47:23 PM »

So, this is what I sent to GoddessMama.  She should have received it by now, so I'm posting pictures.

The green one on the left is a cowl that I made from her wist (  http://www.etsy.com/listing/28334414/basketweave-neckwarmer-one-of-a-kind-and?ref=cat1_gallery_1 )
and the Grey one on the right is a cable hat.   I think they both turned out very well, but I wish i would have taken "action" shots.  I just took quick pictures so I would have proof/record of them lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2010 01:26:30 PM »

The cowl looks really pretty - I love the pattern and the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Oyhana
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2010 10:54:02 AM »

I'm just in love with everything brielauren sent me.  She really took the time to figure out what I liked and put a lot of effort into little details.  Her sewing skills totally rock too!

She made me this sundress!  I love the fabrics and the hand painted branches.  The top can be folded over at the waist so it also doubles as a skirt. 

She also made me this bag.  Love the fabric!  I think I'll use it for a project bag.  It's perfect for throwing in whatever knitting project I'm working on.

It's also expandable, just loosen the ties on the side.  Here it is partly stuffed, it's huge!

It's even got a big pocket inside!

AND this beautiful knitting needle roll.  Love love love this!!  Lots of pockets for different size needles, plus a detachable pouch for scissors, stitch markers, measuring tape etc...

Here's the pouch filled with stuff, it actually becomes box shape when full.  So cool!

Some decorative stitching on the inside of the roll...crappy photo but you get the idea.  I love that she used orange thread, it's such a creative and inspiring colour.

Thanks again brielauren!  You totally rock!!

Kiss Kiss Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2010 11:54:38 AM »

Amazing package! I absolutely love the dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2010 11:58:25 AM »

We will need an Angel for luckdragon. Her package from  seems to have got lost in the mail.
luckdragon is a sewist, so we need a yarnie.
She lives in the USA, is allergic to smoke, and has a wist www.wists.com/luckdragon
Please send me and Klum78 a PM, and we will send her information to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2010 08:35:04 PM »

We got a lot of people who volunteered to be angels, thank you so much! amazing_784 was chosen, she was the first PM we got!   Thank you all so much for being such caring group of swappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amazing_784
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2010 09:40:43 PM »

YAY!  Give me a week luckdragon, it shouldn't take too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2010 09:47:19 PM »

YAY!  Give me a week luckdragon, it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks so much!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
gavagai
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2010 08:21:22 AM »

Here is what I recieved from Gavagai.

This lovely messenger style bag with birds and trees for the fabric. Thanks!

unfortunently this bag is too huge for me to carry around. it's like 19 inches deep and I'm only a little over 5 feet tall so it's as large as my entire torso, and when set on the ground is higher then my knee. I'm going to see if I can maybe make it shorter somehow but I don't know much about sewing. If that doesn't work it will probably turn into some sort of storage bag. It's such a nice bag, I feel bad that I can't use it in public Sad If only I was a taller person without a petite frame!!  Cry

I am sorry that the size didn't fit.  Embarrassed I tried to make the shoulder strap smaller than I normally would, to fit a shorter person, but I guess I didn't think about the bag in itself being too big. Sorry, I guess that's me not thinking.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Spoopy
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2010 03:04:29 PM »

Here is what I recieved from Gavagai.

This lovely messenger style bag with birds and trees for the fabric. Thanks!

unfortunently this bag is too huge for me to carry around. it's like 19 inches deep and I'm only a little over 5 feet tall so it's as large as my entire torso, and when set on the ground is higher then my knee. I'm going to see if I can maybe make it shorter somehow but I don't know much about sewing. If that doesn't work it will probably turn into some sort of storage bag. It's such a nice bag, I feel bad that I can't use it in public Sad If only I was a taller person without a petite frame!!  Cry

I am sorry that the size didn't fit.  Embarrassed I tried to make the shoulder strap smaller than I normally would, to fit a shorter person, but I guess I didn't think about the bag in itself being too big. Sorry, I guess that's me not thinking.  Undecided

I'm just sorry I'm not taller! It is such a nice bag. Sad Any recommendations on how to maybe make it not so long/deep?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
City of Lost Souls Book Trailer
Merits of Mischief: The Bad Apple Book Trailer
Ilchi Lee on The Call of Sedona
Richard Paul Evans on The Road to Grace
How a Thoreau Quote Inspires Food Writing Career
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...