A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small Buy Nothing Swap Round 5 Sign Ups CLOSED Send Outs 09/13  (Read 27113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2010 06:18:25 AM »

whoot!  partners!  thanks, beki710!  very excited to get started!

yea for partners......(waving to styupe)....... my partner is AWESOME for me..... she wants sewn items, and its one of those things i do................ she likes to crochet, and I have no clue how to!!......it was meat to be!!

and on a totally different note...... sweets4ever just picked ME as this months "craftster crush"......if you have time take a look...I was pretty surprised and very flattered!!

http://www.craftster.org/blog/?p=9502

congrats, onegroovyday!  saw that on facebook yesterday! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2010 06:22:29 AM »

I was thinking of signing up fr this, but passed because my focus is on other things right now.
  I love the theme, Buy Nothing.
I read thru the thread the other day. For what it's worth, buy nothing means buy nothing! If you want to spoil, do it from your stash. Isn't that the whole point? But, I was really bugged by the person who wanted to go shopping to spoil. Can't you respect the spirit of the swap?
  And don't push the limits to the point where everyone else feels bad if they don't follow your lead.
  I hope this isn't taken as an offense, but I had to speak up. I think we need to stick to the theme of the swap.
  I look forward to seeing the gallery! Have fun everyone!

Thanks for your comments, although for me as organiser, I think it's up to the discretion of the partners on a) how much they want to craft for each other and b) if they want to buy a few little items to spoil with. As long as the bulk of the package is from their stash I'm happy with that. I'm a happy organiser as long as everyone else is happy  Cheesy

and on a totally different note...... sweets4ever just picked ME as this months "craftster crush"......if you have time take a look...I was pretty surprised and very flattered!!

http://www.craftster.org/blog/?p=9502

Congrats! That's Amazing!!  Grin

Yea for partners!  Thanks beki!  (Wow...2AM...you are a dedicated organizer!)

Well the 2am thing happened because I'd fallen asleep for 3 hours after work and it got to midnight and I was still wide awake! So I told myself I could either tidy my room or do partners, and anything to put off room tidying!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2010 08:28:27 AM »

Yay for partners!! Littlebluegirl and I have actually swapped once before - in a previous small destash swap! Smiley

I am always super excited to get a partner who can crochet, because even though I love crocheted things I have yet to learn myself! last time littlebluegirl and I swapped I received a lovely bookmark which I have used a lot.

I have started stalking and I have a ton of ideas already. I sense some major spoilage for this swap! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2010 09:26:39 AM »

Hi Kayrun!
I'm excited to craft for you! I've started to look at projects you've listed as your favorites to get the creative juices flowing. I've got some ideas, but if you think of anything else let me know!

Happy crafting everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2010 10:28:52 AM »

I'm loud and proud about my tattoos  Wink but I was just wondering...why was that a question in the questionnaire?  (Could there actually be a craft you can make for a tattoo?  Hee-hee!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
beki710

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2010 10:38:33 AM »

Well my thought along the tattoo questions would be that obviously to get a tattoo of something you'd have to really like it and perhaps it would help your partner in gauging your sense of style and likes  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2010 11:48:40 AM »

yeaaaa. I got the perfect partner. I'm excited to get started. I've already stalked her and have a list of ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
rubies-pearls
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2010 11:50:13 AM »

I'm so excited to start crafting for my partner! I have so many ideas I don't know where to start  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2010 11:53:28 AM »

Have to say that my partners tastes are just PERFECT for me, and I am planning on spoiling her, as I think she deserves it!  Have done a pretty thorough stalking job already, and I tentatively know the main thing is I'm going to make - only thing is, never actually made one before, but luckily I love it so much that I'm going to make one for myself first, to make sure I can do a good enough job, and then jump in with the swap one!!

Had a total kick myself moment earlier, when I thought back to last week in the charity shop when I didn't buy something that would have been PERFECT for this - however, then whilst racking my brains for ANYTHING in the house that was the same colour, came up with, what I think will be, an even better replacement.

Hope you get proper sleep tonight Beki
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
beki710

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2010 12:13:29 PM »

Haha thank you! So do I 'cos I gotta be at work again tomorrow  Roll Eyes I'm so happy everyone is pleased with partners!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Maxi Dresses for Spring
Coachella Style Guide With Alessandra Ambrosio
Music Festival Fashion Must Haves on a Budget
We Spy: Will You Wear the Socks With Sandals Trend?
How to Update Your Spring Wardrobe on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...