A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,090
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk/Crust Patch Swap?  (Read 2448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010 04:38:33 PM »

Since theres already four people involved I think it would just be easier to do a public swap, and then maybe more people will join. Since its hard for everyone to get organized and agree on something. I'll organize it, and everyone will get one partner and it would be a... 3 or 4 point swap? So about three or four patches. Sound good?
Sounds do-able C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010 05:52:13 PM »

Kay:) I'm waiting for feedback for two swaps, once I have a space open i'll start sign ups and send you all a message!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010 12:41:58 PM »

OK. My lovely new laptop has decided to crash every time I go on craftster, so I am writing from the library. I need to find some scrap fabric (since I left my stash at home) and then I will start crafting; am I still making stuff for ladylovecraft?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010 10:15:08 PM »

OK. My lovely new laptop has decided to crash every time I go on craftster, so I am writing from the library. I need to find some scrap fabric (since I left my stash at home) and then I will start crafting; am I still making stuff for ladylovecraft?

No! Well maybe, there's still a chance. But I'm going to organize an open swap, because it's difficult to get everyone to sort of officially agree on something. I'm still waiting on feedback for two things, but I sent and received for both of those swaps quiet awhile ago, so hopefully i'll get the feedback soon, then I'll have an open space to start organizing this.

Now off topic, what kind of material do you guys use to make patches on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010 12:01:25 PM »

This needs to happen. =] I love this idea so so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010 09:54:22 PM »

Yay more interest!  Now how big do you guys want the swap to be? Should we do it point based or should I set a requirement of patches? If so, I was thinking either three or five. But then I realized that a lot of people want or prefer back patches or a combination of both? Which is why I thought to do it point based... 1 point= 1 small patch and 2= 1 Back Patch

Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010 10:08:56 AM »

Points sounds good, like everyone has to make 5 points worth.  It wouldn't be too big of a commitment but it wouldn't be super stressful, ya know? I hate signing up for a swap only to be like OMG NOW I HAVE TO CRAFT FOR 10 HOURS EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT MONTH.

In regards to materials, I usually just do t-shirt fabric or denim or whatever I have...I got this teal button-down for a dollar yesterday that seems like it'd make nice patches. Denim is nice because it's thicker but whatever works Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010 09:09:36 PM »

Alright sounds good. Yea, I don't want this to be stressful so I'm planning on giving a long craft time as well:) Crafting is suppose to be relaxing.
Stiiiiil waitin' on that feedback. I'll message the organizers to ask when i'll get that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010 10:39:36 PM »

You guys! I'm a big dummy. I was re-reading over all the rules and was about to officially start this swap, when I realized... you have to be 18 to organize a swap. I'm about to turn 18 in three weeks.... I sent question to the help desk asking if I could get special permission to organize a swap a little early, since it's a smaller swap and I have all positive feedback from quite a few swaps- so heres to hopping.

If no, would you guys mind waiting about three more weeks? Or someone else could organize if you guys want to start now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010 10:14:30 PM »

You guys! I'm a big dummy. I was re-reading over all the rules and was about to officially start this swap, when I realized... you have to be 18 to organize a swap. I'm about to turn 18 in three weeks.... I sent question to the help desk asking if I could get special permission to organize a swap a little early, since it's a smaller swap and I have all positive feedback from quite a few swaps- so heres to hopping.

If no, would you guys mind waiting about three more weeks? Or someone else could organize if you guys want to start now.
Im cool with waiting.

Sorry that I fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  So how many people are interested now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Storyboard
How to Make a Music Video
How to Produce Videos on a Budget
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Life, Love, Soul with Yandy Smith!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...