A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk/Crust Patch Swap?  (Read 2606 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2010 08:03:04 PM »

Ok. I admit. Im really addicted to patches. Patches for bands, ideas, or just images. I sew them on my vest, my pants, my hoodies, my backpack....You get the idea.
And a lot of us know how to make them! Screen printing, stencils, freezer paper, freehanded painting, embroidery...We know how to get it done!

So what if we all had a little patch-addicts anon, and made each other some sweet patches?

I think it would be cool if we kept it small, say, 10-15 people, and we made a patch for each person? I know that's a lot, but we might be able to make the same design twice even?  That way we also get a broad variety of patches as well.

If you think that that's a bad idea and everyone should just have one partner, thats cool too.  I just thought it might be more fun this way.

So are you in?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010 10:23:52 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010 11:24:19 PM »

im always down for some patch crafting! i must say though... making 10 or 15 patches is no problem but sending 15 little packagess plus Dcs is way too pricey for me. so smaller groups, or even better would be to just make a bunch for one person. i prefer the.. lets say intimacy of one on one swapping:) and getting a big fat envelope full of patches sounds really exciting. and it would give partners a chance to discover new bands and/or political ideas, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010 05:12:35 AM »

im always down for some patch crafting! i must say though... making 10 or 15 patches is no problem but sending 15 little packagess plus Dcs is way too pricey for me. so smaller groups, or even better would be to just make a bunch for one person. i prefer the.. lets say intimacy of one on one swapping:) and getting a big fat envelope full of patches sounds really exciting. and it would give partners a chance to discover new bands and/or political ideas, etc.
I like the smaller group idea.  I totally understand what you mean about sending 15 packages!  That's why i figured we'd just send them in standard envelopes, not packages, much like the Post Secret swaps?
But if the traditional one on one swapping is preferred, that's totally ok!

PS, if its just you and me, I say we go personal swap haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010 12:21:34 PM »

I was thinking the same thing:) give it some more time and if theres absolutly no one else interested we can do a personal swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010 09:34:56 AM »

Can I get in on this? It sounds fun and I need more patches! I have over a week before I leave for college and I have nothing to do so if I could make them all this week that would be awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010 06:06:09 PM »

possibly. since no one is interested, we could do it three way private swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010 09:48:00 PM »

Three way? Is there a third person interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010 07:21:31 PM »

Yup, I'm the third! Cheesy 3-way personal swap sounds good to me.  I've never done a personal swap but it seems pretty simple, how does it work with 3 people? I guess we could each make 2 or 3 for each person?  Should we do a little list of bands/stuff we like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010 08:40:13 PM »

Oh, okay cool! I haven't done a personal swap yet either. But I was just discussing it with somebody who was interested in doing one with me, I believe we just make a S/O date and clarify what exactly or how much crafts we will be sending, and then ta da.

Yea everyone sending to each other sounds good to me! When do you both have free time to start? I'm currently in five swaps and I'm juggling school and trying to find a job, so if we were to start soon, a long crafting time would be good for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010 06:07:23 AM »

I am about to start school so starting now and having a long crafting time works for me.

Stuff I like: Green Day, Propagandhi, No Use for a Name, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Spermbirds, Unseen, Useless ID, Arrogant SOBs (if someone made me a patch for them it would be awesome Cheesy), Bomb the Music Industry!, Ramones, Pulley, Screeching Weasel, Suicide Machines, 6 Pack Deep, Bildo and the Reacharounds, adbuster magazine and that sort of thing, puns, and a lot more.
Stuff I don't like: anarchy, antisemitism, horror movies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design an English Rose Fabric
How To Learn the Basics Of Bricklaying
How to Build a Bridge
The Food Pyramid Design
How to Write Like an Architect Series Preview
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...