A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk/Crust Patch Swap?  (Read 2683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2010 08:03:04 PM »

Ok. I admit. Im really addicted to patches. Patches for bands, ideas, or just images. I sew them on my vest, my pants, my hoodies, my backpack....You get the idea.
And a lot of us know how to make them! Screen printing, stencils, freezer paper, freehanded painting, embroidery...We know how to get it done!

So what if we all had a little patch-addicts anon, and made each other some sweet patches?

I think it would be cool if we kept it small, say, 10-15 people, and we made a patch for each person? I know that's a lot, but we might be able to make the same design twice even?  That way we also get a broad variety of patches as well.

If you think that that's a bad idea and everyone should just have one partner, thats cool too.  I just thought it might be more fun this way.

So are you in?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010 10:23:52 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010 11:24:19 PM »

im always down for some patch crafting! i must say though... making 10 or 15 patches is no problem but sending 15 little packagess plus Dcs is way too pricey for me. so smaller groups, or even better would be to just make a bunch for one person. i prefer the.. lets say intimacy of one on one swapping:) and getting a big fat envelope full of patches sounds really exciting. and it would give partners a chance to discover new bands and/or political ideas, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010 05:12:35 AM »

im always down for some patch crafting! i must say though... making 10 or 15 patches is no problem but sending 15 little packagess plus Dcs is way too pricey for me. so smaller groups, or even better would be to just make a bunch for one person. i prefer the.. lets say intimacy of one on one swapping:) and getting a big fat envelope full of patches sounds really exciting. and it would give partners a chance to discover new bands and/or political ideas, etc.
I like the smaller group idea.  I totally understand what you mean about sending 15 packages!  That's why i figured we'd just send them in standard envelopes, not packages, much like the Post Secret swaps?
But if the traditional one on one swapping is preferred, that's totally ok!

PS, if its just you and me, I say we go personal swap haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010 12:21:34 PM »

I was thinking the same thing:) give it some more time and if theres absolutly no one else interested we can do a personal swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010 09:34:56 AM »

Can I get in on this? It sounds fun and I need more patches! I have over a week before I leave for college and I have nothing to do so if I could make them all this week that would be awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010 06:06:09 PM »

possibly. since no one is interested, we could do it three way private swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010 09:48:00 PM »

Three way? Is there a third person interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010 07:21:31 PM »

Yup, I'm the third! Cheesy 3-way personal swap sounds good to me.  I've never done a personal swap but it seems pretty simple, how does it work with 3 people? I guess we could each make 2 or 3 for each person?  Should we do a little list of bands/stuff we like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010 08:40:13 PM »

Oh, okay cool! I haven't done a personal swap yet either. But I was just discussing it with somebody who was interested in doing one with me, I believe we just make a S/O date and clarify what exactly or how much crafts we will be sending, and then ta da.

Yea everyone sending to each other sounds good to me! When do you both have free time to start? I'm currently in five swaps and I'm juggling school and trying to find a job, so if we were to start soon, a long crafting time would be good for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010 06:07:23 AM »

I am about to start school so starting now and having a long crafting time works for me.

Stuff I like: Green Day, Propagandhi, No Use for a Name, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Spermbirds, Unseen, Useless ID, Arrogant SOBs (if someone made me a patch for them it would be awesome Cheesy), Bomb the Music Industry!, Ramones, Pulley, Screeching Weasel, Suicide Machines, 6 Pack Deep, Bildo and the Reacharounds, adbuster magazine and that sort of thing, puns, and a lot more.
Stuff I don't like: anarchy, antisemitism, horror movies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wasteraab
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010 01:13:13 PM »

Can I join this swap? Cheesy I'm in need of patches and I've been making a lot lately
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010 09:05:12 PM »

Love Arrogant SOB'S, but you should PM everyone involved with your address and what you like what you want, etc. I don't see a problem in you joining, wasteraab, if everyones fine with sending out three packages? Everyone should agree on a crafting time, and that there really going to S/O, etc., etc. before we really start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010 10:05:10 PM »

Or if more people are interested we can just have a public swap! Maybe once its actually open for sign ups more people will join. I'll organize it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010 02:54:58 PM »

We could pair up, I think that might be easier. I just want to know who I'm swapping with so I can get started ASAP  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010 03:23:39 PM »

Im also in school, so long crafting time is good.  I propose we use that traditional swap form and fill that out, but just add whatever we think is important.
Since there are four, we could pair up and it can be a mini swap, but still private if we want.
We could do it via email so we have a way to exchange photos?

Just throwing ideas out there C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010 04:52:13 PM »

Im also in school, so long crafting time is good.  I propose we use that traditional swap form and fill that out, but just add whatever we think is important.
Since there are four, we could pair up and it can be a mini swap, but still private if we want.

BudgelsIsCool and I have already PMed each other band interests and etc. I've sent a PM to wasteraab to see if she/he wants to join officially, then we'll figure out what would be best based on the response.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010 07:53:58 PM »

BudgelsIsCool and I have already PMed each other band interests and etc. I've sent a PM to wasteraab to see if she/he wants to join officially, then we'll figure out what would be best based on the response.
wow!  Way to take the initiative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010 08:34:39 PM »

wow!  Way to take the initiative!

I want this to happen:) And not just keep talking about what we could do and should do and yada yada
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010 08:08:15 AM »

Blergh, this is a little hard to figure out-
How many patches does everyone want to make? Or should we just leave it up to partners to decide?
If that is, we have come to an conclusion to just pair up? Or is a group swap still in discussion?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010 12:07:28 AM »

Since theres already four people involved I think it would just be easier to do a public swap, and then maybe more people will join. Since its hard for everyone to get organized and agree on something. I'll organize it, and everyone will get one partner and it would be a... 3 or 4 point swap? So about three or four patches. Sound good?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010 04:38:33 PM »

Since theres already four people involved I think it would just be easier to do a public swap, and then maybe more people will join. Since its hard for everyone to get organized and agree on something. I'll organize it, and everyone will get one partner and it would be a... 3 or 4 point swap? So about three or four patches. Sound good?
Sounds do-able C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010 05:52:13 PM »

Kay:) I'm waiting for feedback for two swaps, once I have a space open i'll start sign ups and send you all a message!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010 12:41:58 PM »

OK. My lovely new laptop has decided to crash every time I go on craftster, so I am writing from the library. I need to find some scrap fabric (since I left my stash at home) and then I will start crafting; am I still making stuff for ladylovecraft?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010 10:15:08 PM »

OK. My lovely new laptop has decided to crash every time I go on craftster, so I am writing from the library. I need to find some scrap fabric (since I left my stash at home) and then I will start crafting; am I still making stuff for ladylovecraft?

No! Well maybe, there's still a chance. But I'm going to organize an open swap, because it's difficult to get everyone to sort of officially agree on something. I'm still waiting on feedback for two things, but I sent and received for both of those swaps quiet awhile ago, so hopefully i'll get the feedback soon, then I'll have an open space to start organizing this.

Now off topic, what kind of material do you guys use to make patches on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010 12:01:25 PM »

This needs to happen. =] I love this idea so so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010 09:54:22 PM »

Yay more interest!  Now how big do you guys want the swap to be? Should we do it point based or should I set a requirement of patches? If so, I was thinking either three or five. But then I realized that a lot of people want or prefer back patches or a combination of both? Which is why I thought to do it point based... 1 point= 1 small patch and 2= 1 Back Patch

Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010 10:08:56 AM »

Points sounds good, like everyone has to make 5 points worth.  It wouldn't be too big of a commitment but it wouldn't be super stressful, ya know? I hate signing up for a swap only to be like OMG NOW I HAVE TO CRAFT FOR 10 HOURS EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT MONTH.

In regards to materials, I usually just do t-shirt fabric or denim or whatever I have...I got this teal button-down for a dollar yesterday that seems like it'd make nice patches. Denim is nice because it's thicker but whatever works Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010 09:09:36 PM »

Alright sounds good. Yea, I don't want this to be stressful so I'm planning on giving a long craft time as well:) Crafting is suppose to be relaxing.
Stiiiiil waitin' on that feedback. I'll message the organizers to ask when i'll get that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010 10:39:36 PM »

You guys! I'm a big dummy. I was re-reading over all the rules and was about to officially start this swap, when I realized... you have to be 18 to organize a swap. I'm about to turn 18 in three weeks.... I sent question to the help desk asking if I could get special permission to organize a swap a little early, since it's a smaller swap and I have all positive feedback from quite a few swaps- so heres to hopping.

If no, would you guys mind waiting about three more weeks? Or someone else could organize if you guys want to start now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010 10:14:30 PM »

You guys! I'm a big dummy. I was re-reading over all the rules and was about to officially start this swap, when I realized... you have to be 18 to organize a swap. I'm about to turn 18 in three weeks.... I sent question to the help desk asking if I could get special permission to organize a swap a little early, since it's a smaller swap and I have all positive feedback from quite a few swaps- so heres to hopping.

If no, would you guys mind waiting about three more weeks? Or someone else could organize if you guys want to start now.
Im cool with waiting.

Sorry that I fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  So how many people are interested now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010 10:49:31 PM »

Im cool with waiting.

Sorry that I fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  So how many people are interested now?

Cool:) I haven't forgotten! I'll start sign ups probably on the 26th or 27th. (Right after my birthday)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010 10:08:33 PM »

I'm in dire need of some kickass patches, and being currently unemployed, I've got a shit load of time on my hands... I hope this happpens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010 02:22:39 PM »

Yes, more interest! I promise this will be happening towards the end of the month. Super excited. My good friends family do a lot of stencils and patches and yesterday I saw her newest patch which was just this deformed face figure with huge bulgy eyes and it said 'OH NO!' I loved it! It would be awesome if patches of just random, gross, creepy figures were made for this swap as well:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010 10:55:09 PM »

I can finally organize a swap! I'm sending out a package tomorrow then will start sign ups soon after.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010 07:57:54 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363874.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes of Writing Between You and Me
Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus Read from Between You and Me
White Horse Book Trailer
Amped Book Trailer
How The Light Gets In 2012: Is Philosophy For Everyone?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...