pork filet mignon on a bed of lemons with fresh summer veg dressed in virgin olive oil and spiced with herbs of provence
some experimentation inspired by the local cuisine experienced during our corsica vacation and this is what I end up with:
~500g pork filet
~twice as much or more vegs (choose from potato/carrot/zucchini/eggplant/peppers or add what you like!)
~200g or more bacon
3 or 4 lemons (bio!)
herbs, salt, pepper - to taste
~25 sage leaves
1) wash the meat and dry off with paper towel
2) wash lemons, slice, remove seeds, put on the bottom of the (good-sized) oven-proof dish
3) wrap filet in bacon, as tightly as possible, dab with a bit of oil so that the sage leaves stick, put sage leaves on top, place into the dish
4) preheat oven to 220*C
5) slice potatoes, carrots, eggplant, etc, mix with herbs and oil, place into the oven
6) slice peppers, zucchinis, etc, mix with herbs and oil add to oven dish. this is a good time to spread the juices that collected on the bottom of the dish to the top of the food again. a silicone brush is super-useful for this.
ready in about an hour... the general rule of thumb is that when the potatoes are done, so is the meat.