A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One for Me, One for You the 3rd Discussion & Gallery  (Read 4715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010 04:32:06 AM »

They're new for me, too. I love them, but the hubs doesn't at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010 10:09:39 PM »

They're new for me, too. I love them, but the hubs doesn't at all.

Same here mine dislikes them badly.....
Me I think they are great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010 06:53:21 AM »

Ooooo what lovely things in the gallery!!!

I love the thread catcher - I sit with a cardboard box next to me when I sew, but this is so much of a nicer idea.

Posted today - and Puzzler sent my package last week, so I'm hoping it'll arrive any day now!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Giddiup222
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010 10:24:57 PM »

I received a great package from craftycakeady today!!
She made me this wonderful reversible apron inspired by the one on my wist! with a matching potholder(one of those good ones too that have the rubber on the back Smiley) and she also sent me a notebook with mechanical pencils!

And here it all is together with the backside of the reversible apron! Love it!
Thanks Craftycakelady!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pollyprissypants

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010 05:02:20 AM »

I love that apron and potholder set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weet!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010 05:57:02 PM »

I got my package from zilamonster last week! Yes, Im a terrible person and didn't find time to post pics until now Sad.
But I love everything! She made the project I was really hoping for plus more!
Sooo here's the extras

a knitting project bag that i found some sewing notions hidden in and the left over yarn from the main project

it's very nice yarn, I'm not sure whether the one on the left is handspun or not. It will definitely get used! I have a lot of knitting projects planned  Cheesy

zilamonster said if I didn't like the project bag that her feelings wouldn't be hurt at all and she would pay for return postage because she liked it so much. Well I regret to inform you, I love it (and really needed it too!) and will not be sending it back. As you can see, it's already in use Tongue

annnnd the main attraction!
A cobweb scarf! I love it and it's so warm and bulky (in a good way and it's about to get cold enough here to wear it) and the bright red is amazing.
Once someone gets home tonight I'll try to get an action shot so you can see how it's linked together Smiley

Thanks so much zila! I hope you enjoy my package as much as I do yours  Grin

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010 05:58:56 PM by weet! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010 08:20:36 PM »

Yay! I am so glad you liked your package!! That scarf took 5 weeks non stop knitting, it was a crazy amount of work. If you didn't like it my plan B was to buy you a Ferrari.

On another happy note, I received your package in the mail this evening- it is AMAZING!!!!!1!!1!!111 and I love everything. I tried to get some pictures this evening but it's just too dark  Here are my preliminary pictures (everyone, please try to contain your envy):

First, the extras-

Beautiful, beautiful necklaces. One is red and one one is light blue and I love them both. I took the picture against some fabric I recently purchased which matches the colors of the pendants. They are really lovely.

Then came...

KNITTING CRACK!!!
I think I might have squealed when I opened these- and I never squeal, no one would describe me as a "squealer"
Weet sent me three astonishingly amazing skeins of yarn, they are the most beautiful skeins I've ever seen.
From left to right:
70yds wool, silk, alpaca, mohair (clouds) and cotton (core)
79yds merino wool, alpaca, soysilk, sparkle
84yds cormo wool and cotton (core)

If you are not jealous yet (and I know you are) wait till you see what comes next!

I am wearing them right now  Grin
These slippers are comfy and kick-ass (can I type that?) I more than love them. It is obvious that weet! spent a lot of time on these and they are phenomenal. As an aside, sorry for the picture of my bony and atomic-glare white feet. Also as an aside, that last picture makes my calves look ginormous  Cheesy

Thank you so much, weet! I had a great time crafting for you and I was completely blown away by the package you sent. I only hope you like your package a fraction of how much I love mine.

Best. Swap. Ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weet!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010 08:49:31 PM »

"i might have squealed" that made me lol  Cheesy

so i assume they fit? it's nice making felted slippers for someone that's the same shoe size as you hehe.
oh i meant to say in my letter (that i forgot to put in the package and probably hasn't arrived there yet) that if the mohair clouds on the first yarn are too ridiculous and huge, i give you permission to pull them apart a bit Tongue

i'm glad you love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010 09:11:08 PM »

"i might have squealed" that made me lol  Cheesy

so i assume they fit? it's nice making felted slippers for someone that's the same shoe size as you hehe.
oh i meant to say in my letter (that i forgot to put in the package and probably hasn't arrived there yet) that if the mohair clouds on the first yarn are too ridiculous and huge, i give you permission to pull them apart a bit Tongue

i'm glad you love it all!

They fit perfectly. They are perfect. I'm so happy we have the same size feet. Now I want to see your "one for me" slippers...

Here are my companion "one for me" items:

I made a crescent "shawlette" from the Snowflake pattern on Ravelry. I think "shawlette" is a pretend word for a short shawl that you can also use as a scarf.

The other thing I made (on my sewing day when I made weet's project bag) was a knitting needle case and matching square zipper bag. It was the first time I made anything like either of the items and really enjoyed the process, although the finish product was a little wonky (but ok for my purposes).

Thank you YoF for this great swap  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010 03:57:24 PM »

Holy crap (yes, I just said that!)! Those slippers are AH-MAZE-ING! I truly am astoundingly jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creative Play Date Activities
Make Your Pumpkin "Two Faced" to Cast Images
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
How to Do an Orchid and Cactus Arrangement
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...