A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One for Me, One for You the 3rd sign ups til Aug 15, send outs Oct 16  (Read 15887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

weet!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010 04:06:05 PM »

woot! so excited to start the swap  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justaddcats
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010 04:37:07 PM »

woot! so excited to start the swap  Cheesy

me too!  Grin and I have to admit, I almost added handspun yarn to my wants list after checking out your work, weet!, those are some delicious fibers you've got there!  but I don't need more yarn right now... or so I'm telling myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weet!
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010 11:01:12 PM »

lol well im glad someone knows how to draw the line. i think i have 10 times more yarn and fiber than anyone needs but i still keep buying more fiber to spin... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010 06:11:23 AM »

Partners have been assigned.
I'll be emailing your recipient's info to you shortly.

If you are partnered with someone that doesn't really want something on your list, try to make them something they would like but you must make something for yourself off of your list.  This is a bit different from the past - in the past you were to make 2 similar items - same item, different fabric for example.  This round, as long as you make something for yourself off of your list & send your partner something with her in mind then you are good to go Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010 10:36:46 AM »

So, now that the partners are assigned we can start posting/discussing in this thread... ya? Woot!

I'm so excited about this swap, can't wait to see what everyone makes. I am thankful the send outs are the end of September as I will need the whole 1.5months to finish everything.

As a general warning to everyone, I may also be posting craft haiku poems and/or limericks in this thread- so... sorry in advance for that.  Undecided

There once was a crafter from Nantucket
who wished for a big fabric bucket,
alas, her sewing skills were bad
which, in turn, made her sad
so to this swap she did truck it

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010 03:40:27 PM »

Ha! What a cute limerick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010 04:25:38 PM »

hehehe very clever Zila

I am super pleased with my partners, I love crafting for little kids, mine are teens now and although they do enjoy when I make them stuff little kids are more fun.
and I love making stuffies.....
especially pattern that I have been dieing to get to but never seem to find the time, now I have to, sweet.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010 08:08:42 PM »

I understand that there are participants in the swap that are not happy with the pairings I made.
I want everyone to know that I tried my best to get the partners selected - even digging through participants wists, project posts and profiles to do the very best I could.  This was an extremely difficult swap to partner up which is why I even eased up on the requirements, stating to send something your partner would like but still make something for yourself off of your own to do list since the nature of this swap is to treat yourself as well.

If you are unhappy with your partner situation, please contact me.  I would rather you step forward now than later when people have started to craft for each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010 08:21:48 PM »

I'm sure it was hard to partner us!  Both of my partners I don't have any common items on our lists but I'm ok since the rules were changed...to make sure I got this right...

So...it's totally okay to make 2 totally different items?  We just have to be sure to make something for ourselves too, right?  (since that's kinda the point of this swap...to actually get something from our To Do lists done). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010 08:27:07 PM »

I think you did alright.
I mean it can be hard to pair up people in this swap particularly when you have such a small number.

We Aussie always find it hard as there is such a small number of us, I think we need to look at this as a challenge, make something for your partner that they would like, does it really matter if you have tastes that are different?
Is that not the challenge?

Forge ahead, make something for them and them make something awesome for yourself.

Stalk you partners and discover what they like, I know that both my partners have different tastes to me but that's what makes it fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cupcake Masterclass: How to Use Buttercream
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
How to Make a Fairy Castle Cake
Cupcake Masterclass: Chocolate Decorations
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...