A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One for Me, One for You the 3rd sign ups til Aug 15, send outs Oct 16  (Read 15153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Giddiup222
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010 10:39:58 AM »

Awesome Scarlet!

I also am going to be doing a technique that I have wanted to do for a long time and haven't yet - don't be fearful, recipient.  I will do mine first as a practice piece lol.  I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone but I'm glad.  I probably wouldn't have done so had it not been for this swap Smiley

Ha ha. I'm not scared! I'm just happy to get anything! I can't wait to see it now though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010 10:50:22 AM »

So my partner and I have been pm'ing like mad. Luckily, she wants something that a. is going to be fun to make, b. is going to be a first for me to make (well, not skirts, per se,  but that particular type of skirt), and c. let's me be crazy creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010 05:59:39 AM »

I am almost finished my first for me project.
boy it involved a lot of hand sewing.....and I am glad I made mine one first, I made all my mistakes with it, although that said I cut and combined 2 different patterns together for mine so it was a lot more fiddlier that my partners will be.

I just hope I have enough buttons to make it....if not I shall have to buy some lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2010 06:59:47 PM »

I've been working on one of weet!'s items non stop (when/where ever I can find the time- late at night, early in the morning, during conference calls, at red lights) since last week. It's 1/6th done... and is going to take forever. I'm really grateful we have so much time for this swap (and that I have two lengthy plane rides coming up in September).

I'm taking this Thursday off as a personal day and plan to work on a few of the smaller items from my sewing to do list; I plan to make two of each- so she'll get these whether she likes it or not  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

justaddcats
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010 04:20:38 PM »

I started my "for me" project this weekend, though I'll admit it was hard to decide which item on my list to start with as my partner will be getting something different.  I hit three different craft stores on Friday looking for materials for my partner's project... I may have to change my plans just a smidge...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010 05:07:44 PM »

I have begun the thought process for this swap... I've been doing a lot of research and I think I know what I want to do and how I want to do it.  I'm pretty stoked.  I'll be designing the pattern myself and running with it.  I have a tentative design drawn up that I'm quite happy with...

And this afternoon I spent ironing and folding fabric... After I can clearly see all the material, I'll be able to start sewing.  I'm pretty stoked. This is going to be a challenging project for me.  It is something I've been wanting to do for a long time too so I'm especially excited to begin but I know I must organize first. Let's just say it's a necessity.  If you can't make it to the closet then you can't look in to the closet.  Okay. It's not THAT bad...

How's everyone else doing??
Remember to check in at least once a week!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010 06:28:23 PM »

I finally decided what to make for myself off of my list.   I went out today and got all my supplies and started preparing for one of my partner's item.  I might work a bit on it tonight if I can get motivation to actually get off of the computer.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010 03:23:48 AM »

Sarahj you sound like me. Grin

I spend more time on my computer than I should,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
weet!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010 07:31:20 PM »

oh wow zilamonster i cant wait Cheesy good thing i planned on some other little extra(s)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010 11:38:52 AM »

And this afternoon I spent ironing and folding fabric... After I can clearly see all the material, I'll be able to start sewing.  I'm pretty stoked. This is going to be a challenging project for me.  It is something I've been wanting to do for a long time too so I'm especially excited to begin but I know I must organize first. Let's just say it's a necessity.  If you can't make it to the closet then you can't look in to the closet.  Okay. It's not THAT bad...

This made me laugh out loud.
I spent every night this week washing/drying fabric and ironing it in preparation for Thursday. My husband asked me if I was "finally doing the laundry."  Cheesy

oh wow zilamonster i cant wait Cheesy good thing i planned on some other little extra(s)!
Don't get too excited, I was planning on making some new bibs for the baby... JUST KIDDING!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold a 14 Piece Origami Star
How to Make a Square Origami Box
How to make an Origami Butterfly from Water Bomb Base
How to Make your Own CD Cover
How to Fold an Origami Lucky Star
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...