A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One for Me, One for You the 3rd sign ups til Aug 15, send outs Oct 16  (Read 16219 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010 04:32:44 AM »

I understand where you're coming from - a few years ago I was paired up with someone who hated yarn and things made with yarn.  I about died.  It was all I knew how to do and I had to change gears, get out of my comfort zone and do something totally different... I took out a sewing machine. Well.  I guess the rest is history considering now I have more fabric than yarn now in my stash. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
weet!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010 11:48:58 PM »

although in this particular swap my partner and i seem to be the same person Roll Eyes but usually i love having swap partners that are different too because it forces me to be more creative than usual
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010 01:50:45 AM »

I'm trying something new on this swap - and it's something I've wanted to try for ages and ages, but this swap has given me the push I needed to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in - really excited about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010 03:47:44 AM »

Awesome Scarlet!

I also am going to be doing a technique that I have wanted to do for a long time and haven't yet - don't be fearful, recipient.  I will do mine first as a practice piece lol.  I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone but I'm glad.  I probably wouldn't have done so had it not been for this swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010 04:49:25 AM »

I feel like we're all on the same page here- that we're all going to be changing gears, and there's nothing wrong with that! I'm excited to get crafting, my partner and I have been pm'ing back and forth, and I'm so glad that I'm actually going to do a project that's not based in yarn! It's been awhile since I've busted out the ole Singer. It's gonna be great! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010 06:19:53 AM »

Careful Pollyprissypants... that's what happened to me a few years ago... I was in a swap and my partner didn't like yarn at all and it's pretty much all I did... until I broke out my sewing machine that I had in the closet and got going on it... The rest is history.  I'm now a sewing & quilting addict - but I am hardly ever without my hook for too long.  It didn't take long for me to fall in love with fabric Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010 08:12:41 AM »

It's the other way around for me Yarn or Fabric - I've got a 5 hour train journey coming up on Sunday and I've bought myself a crochet hook, a ball of yarn and a magazine which promises to teach me how it's done!!!  I LOVE crochet so much, really hope I can get the hang of it, although I'm a little apprehensive considering the dire state of my knitting!!!

I'm also making mine first before I do my partners for this swap, so that I can make sure it's something that I'm happy sending - but, if it works out - that could be a lot of Christmas pressies sorted!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
puzzler
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010 11:22:16 AM »

I am attempting to make something out of my comfort zone too, on this project.  But I like it.  I think it will go well.  I hope.

Scarlet_Angel, I am sure your crafts will come out great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010 12:05:35 PM »

I learned to knit from one of those books way back when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth lol.  I had learned to crochet already and decided that knitting just took too long in comparison so I put down the needles and kept with the hooks... If you get stuck, don't forget to check out youtube. There are tons and tons of tutorials on how to crochet... I know that probably won't help on the train unless you have one of those internet phones... I haven't gotten one of them yet... maybe someday....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010 05:24:01 PM »

Scarlet_Angel- you are going to be so hooked (pun intended) after that train ride. The hardest part for me in learning to crochet was getting that damn return row on the foundation chain right. I've just hit my 1-year anniversary crocheting and it is an awesome craft.

Everyone- Based on the conversation in this thread, now I'm even more excited to see what everyone makes! I find that I'm the most proud of those things that are either 1) accidents or 2) new crafting endeavors in which I am forced out of my comfort zone. This is going to be great.

As an aside, for this swap, I am trying something out of my comfort zone. I've only ever knit an item from patterns in the past but this time I'm going to try to make the pattern up myself... I feel a little sorry for weet...

although in this particular swap my partner and i seem to be the same person Roll Eyes but usually i love having swap partners that are different too because it forces me to be more creative than usual
Notice, just like Superman and Clark Kent, Weet and I are never in the same room together... Wink
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010 05:24:40 PM by zilamonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 2/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 4/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 9/29
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 11/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...