A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 31 flavours? How about 31 earrings! One for everyday of the month (IMAGE OBESE!)  (Read 1829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 30, 2010 02:19:20 PM »

So I've been a little stressed lately. I haven't had a day off to recharge my mental batteries in more than 3 weeks, I'm getting ready to move away for post-grad in a massively stressful program and my grampa passed away last month. So to help cope, I got it stuck in my head to make a pair of earrings for every day of the month. So during my precious afternoon off last week I went to some bead stores (I love living in Toronto, 6 bead stores within 3 blocks) to get some supplies and sent to work. It took 4 days, more than 100 head pins and 62 earring wires but I did it. I made 31 one pairs of earrings. I've been waiting for some decent light to get pictures.

1 to 3: Teal faux pearl drops, volano quartz with various semi-precious beads (jasper, quartz, goldstone, jade), pink and yellow crystals in brass pendants

4 to 6: dyed quartz drops, pink and green howlite with turquois and flower, blue pink and green glass drops, dyed quartz and swarovski crystal drops

7 to 9: brushed pwerter charms on loop, white bows, snowflake charms

10 to 12: swarovski on 18k gold plated chain, fuzzy hearts with love charm, studio 54 inspired gold circles

13 to 15: heart shaped locks with keys (one of my faves!), eiffel tower with volcano quartz, apple charms

16 to 18: dyed quartz drops, copper chandielers with crystal, brass bird charms (another fave)

19 to 21: handmade yellow glass with silver and gold chain, chandilers with blue crystals, desert jasper on brass

22 to24: blue glass with feather charms, red foiled beads with love charm, faux pearl drop with copper caps

25 to 26: blue shells and jade with key charm, volcano quartz with brass

27 to 29: brushed silver leaf motif pendants, knitting charms with swarovski crystals, brass butterfly charms

30 to 31: My total fave, black bows with faux turquois and heart shaped lock charm, faux pearl with silver cap

Here is the whole lot. It really is a smack load of earrings. But now I have it stuck in my head to make 52, one for every week of the ear. How awesome would that be? Holiday earrings! Seasonal themes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
InkStainedHands
I'm just trying to keep sane.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010 02:38:39 PM »

That's a great idea for coping with stress, and the earrings turned out beautifully! I especially like the earrings with knitting charms (yay knitting!), the brass bird charm earrings, and the Eiffel. I hope everything settles down soon, and I can't wait to see the 52 earrings!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010 02:47:57 PM »

*drool*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
april again
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010 03:32:09 PM »

*applaud

You rock and I love them all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
claydaze
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010 05:02:11 PM »

"one for every week of the ear" ... What an apropos typo! Love it and love your beautiful earrings, too. Talent, skill, and imagination! Great work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010 05:30:19 PM »

great stress relief in such a positive way.  wow on the bead stores.  nice work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Avian Flight
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010 05:58:44 PM »

i'm impressed! they look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
leeska
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010 06:24:18 PM »

Crafting can be such a release....hope everything in your life calms down for you.  Your earrings are gorgeous, I especially like the chandelier style ones - great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap it like it's HOT...I do personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/Leeska
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010 07:32:31 PM »

Your faves are my faves, and I also love the white bows!  I have been dying to try my hand at making some bow earrings and now I feel like they may get accomplished this weekend.  Smiley  I also love the brass butterflies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010 04:29:16 PM »

Wow!!  That's a helluva lotta earrings Smiley  They are all so unique, what a load of creativity and inspiration, I really can't pick a fave, I love them ALL!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stir fry and Blanching - Chinese Cooking Techniques
How to Make Seared Duck Breast - Food Done Right
How to Make a Stir Fry Meal
How to Make Yakitori
How to Make Pad Thai - Thai Foodcast:
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...