A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Facebook Fan Pages  (Read 4128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011 08:42:49 PM »

Ladymirzri, I'm in south Texas too! i added you for solidarity Smiley My page doesn't have very many yet either, but I'm just getting started and haven't done much yet. There's a share button on your page; all I did was just press that and say something like "Hey guys, 'like' my craft page! Once I get 25 people, I can register a user name. Tell your friends!" One of my friends offered an incentive (a drawing for a free item) to get to her goal number that worked as well. Other than that, I've put the link on my business card so people will go and hopefully add me once I start passing them out. Hopefully that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Brutemus and friends

Do not copy my art or trademarked names/characters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011 08:36:24 PM »

I have a "Like" page for Brutemus & friends. A lot of my friends and family have liked it lol a few random people that I don't know have as well. I update my photos regulary and post relevent status updates too. I try not to SPAM people since I do post a lot of pictures. My info is all filled out as well. I think I've had one sale from there.
I added the Etsy app as well.

I also bought an ad on FB. It's really interesting and you don't have to spend a lot of $ on it. Since just about everyone is on FB all the time and I know I always see advertisements on the side of my page I thought I'd try it out.

So far I've had 5 or 6 new likes in a couple of days.

I just started out so I only have a few people that like my page xD

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brutemus-friendsTM/132358206831061
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011 08:38:27 PM by Brutemus and friends » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please do not copy my art or trademarked names/characters
My Tumblr My DeviantArt
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011 06:31:49 AM »

Thanks for the tips! I will be making a larger profile picture now ^^
I have just set up my page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Riechan/215360661850301?v=wall. No one there yet but hopefully some people will enjoy my items Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Truckermomma
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011 10:32:38 PM »

I found that if you put random question that involve your product you will find more and more people. I usually ask questions like "What diaper is your little one wearing right now?" and I get a couple more responses each time.
As for other type of "likers" I don't have any major ideas, I guess just word of mouth.

I have a facebook fan page, I would really love to see some more traffic on it! http://www.facebook.com/KissingBunniesCloth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011 07:22:13 PM »

I can't really do much with mine (thank you camera) but here it is

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KNull-Technology-Designs/149358668463461?sk=wall
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
philosophyfox
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011 04:53:21 AM »

I've just created a page as my brother wanted me to (he is making my website):
https://www.facebook.com/PhilosophyfoxCrafts

There's not much on there but it'll stop my personal page on FB being covered with spam of my craft updates for customers.  I'm not so much bothered about too much traffic there until I have my website up and running. 

I've been liking a few things related to crafts/rats whatever else is sort of linked to my own interests - including some Craftsters' FB pages Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011 01:07:10 PM »

Mine is www.facebook.com/amy.gaspard.designs

I never thought of using your photo as a banner, but I'm also not that great with graphics.  Still, it's something to think about.  I definitely have a loooong way to go with my page.  I know there's a lot more I could be doing with it, but I have a hard time justifying spending the time on it. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

civilunrestclothing.com
Civil Unrest Clothing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011 01:58:57 PM »

I have a Facebook fanpage up for my business (see below for link), and have gotten about 450 "likes" so far...most of them friends of people I know, the remainder of them are friends of friends. I'm on FB a lot, because I work from home as a graphic designer, and I've updated it a lot with different designs (I design t-shirts as my other, crafty, business).  Have only been using it for a couple months, and have gotten a handful of sales from it, but no more there than from my website proper.

I've gotten feedback from a few people on the following:

1) Don't always post about "business"... that is, yeah, you want to sell your goods on FB, but make sure to not over-saturate it with "buy, buy, buy!"

2) Keep it fun... post some funny pics (tasteful, of course), videos, and links. Motivational quotes are good too. Or use the "Questions" feature in FB to start a poll, to ask your followers their opinion.

3) Keep your followers involved... like in #2, a Poll Question can be used, trivia questions, or just their opinion on a particular issue (usually best to relate it to your product). The more comments and likes you get from followers, the more of their friends will see it in the Newsfeed, and the more chance more of THEIR friends will come to your page to see what all the hubbub is about!

Good luck, hope this helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Represent the Detroit area, or simply wear your attitude in style with unique, custom designed t-shirts, hoodies and other apparel!

Web: http://www.facebook.com/civilunrestclothing

Follow Us on Facebook!  www.facebook.com/civilunrestclothing

Follow Us on Twitter!
www.twitter.com/civilunres
CraftyLadyLiz
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011 08:04:59 AM »

I too have a Facebook page, but am so far behind understanding FB that I got nothing going on.  I am, however, currently running a Facebook ad, linking directly back to something on my on-line store.  It took about 6 tries to understand what it was all about, but so far, in less than 24 hours, have about 35 hits on my website, with a fairly low bounce rate.  Since this was the purpose of the ad campaign, I feel pretty successful.  I am not actually expecting sales from the campaign.

As with everything else, the more activity and updating, the better.  My own blog is now doing better, as I am posting almost daily, and so is one of the other sites I post to for the same reason.

I say, keep at it, and share any suggestions.  I am looking for someone who understands Facebook who might be able to help me.  I think my brother uses it a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizanne handcrafted treasures
www.elizanne.ca
Treacle
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012 04:02:49 PM »

If you like other crafters pages they should like you back.  Make an effort to 'like' or 'share' any of the work you see and genuinely like/want to share (no one likes a spammer) and other crafters should do the same in return.  That way your name will appear in more feeds of friends and gain more exposure.

I have liked some of the pages linked in this thread, feel free to like me back Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 7/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 8/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 5/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 28/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 29/29
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...