A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: is it me or the pattern with the problem? (slouchy beret pattern)  (Read 578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

r.forslund
« on: July 29, 2010 08:02:52 AM »

ive been trying this pattern all morning. its my first time making any type of hat. so im not sure if im following the pattern correctly, or if maybe the pattern is a bit off. it seems like its me. or maybe i just have a big head. lol. bc everything is fine until i get to about R13. i think. it just becomes to small to fit my head. and when i take out some of the stitches so it fits its not so "slouchy" any more. lol.  Huh

can some one look over the pattern and let me know what you think?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-slouchy-beret-hat-crochet-pattern

ive youtubed "how to" all the stitches just to make sure i wasnt messing that up and that wasnt it. so now im just at a loss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DustyChica

The Doctor's Companion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010 04:27:47 PM »

I have the opposite problem - most of the slouchy hats I've tried to make usually come out too big to fit my head.

Anyway, I would suggest that instead of starting your decreases at Round 11, work 3 or 4 more rounds even (like Rounds 9-10) before you start your decreases. That way you can just decrease till it's the perfect size for your head, and you won't lose all of the slouchiness. Smiley

Hope I helped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective point of view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey . . . stuff."
- The Doctor
[/color]
r.forslund
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010 07:50:55 AM »

I have the opposite problem - most of the slouchy hats I've tried to make usually come out too big to fit my head.

Anyway, I would suggest that instead of starting your decreases at Round 11, work 3 or 4 more rounds even (like Rounds 9-10) before you start your decreases. That way you can just decrease till it's the perfect size for your head, and you won't lose all of the slouchiness. Smiley

Hope I helped.

thank you. that actually did help. i ended up winging it so i could get it finished and it actually turned out great. but now im pretty sure it was me. lol. bc i tried a completely different pattern and ran into yet another problem. lol.

i havent tried this yet but the girl that works in our "yarn store" said that when her beanies come out to small she puts a damp cloth over them then puts a low heat iron on them for a short  bit and they stretch out just enough to fit her head.  Grin

thanks again for the advice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Kids Beaded Earrings
Ideas for Beaded Bracelets
Ideas for Beaded Earrings
Beading: Necklaces You Can Make
Beading: Understanding Seed Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...