A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet swimwear.  (Read 926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crochetini
« on: July 29, 2010 07:22:26 AM »

Hi, what do you think about crochet bikini? Do you have any crochet swimwear?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010 07:44:36 AM by fantasticmio - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
r.forslund
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010 07:55:05 AM »

i've seen tons of patterns i want to try but yarn is hard to come by where i live so i have to hold off on making them til i visit the states again. but personally i think theyre cute. i especially like the patterns from the 60s and 70s.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiewiet
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010 03:01:47 AM »

They are great but only if you dont intend swimming! Unfortunately they have a tendency to want to go deep sea diving on their own, leaving you somewhat exposed and looking droopy Tongue
There are heaps of patterns available though.
In the days of my misspent youth crochet bikinis (actually crochet everything Cheesy) was popular and the images of badly sagging bathing suits has been branded onto my memory for ever. It helped a bit if you lined them as it prevented too much sagging, but they definitely were beer for partying on dry land!

I know there are heaps of choices for yarn now but from what Ive seen this past few summers on an aussie beach, the sagging is still happening.
Also if you choose yarn check that it is colorfast as dye running down your body is not an good look Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megziewoodles

Yes. I knitted a webcomic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010 04:40:26 AM »

One day I will make a crochet bikini and wear it. I think I will only wear it once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tarr0011
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010 03:36:16 PM »

I think, like many of you, the yarn choice is the critical point in this endeavor. I've been searching.. and so far, to no avail. there's a really cute pattern in "stitch-n-bitch crochet patterns," that's really cute. she has lots of good tips, and may for this as well. I have yet to read the portion yet.

I would think a stretchier yarn would be best- and tight stitches, for sure. It might help if you small-busted too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HK Crazee
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010 04:30:06 AM »

Ooooh, I just have to reply to this thread! Shocked
Many, many years ago in the 60s I was crocheting up a storm and made a trendy trouser suit - buoyed on by success I crocheted a gorgeous flouro green bikini which fit me and my lovely slender youthful figure (hmmm, now where did that go, I wonder??) like a glove. Fortunately its first (and last) appearance was in the river close to our home where I dived in. Horror! the bottom slid down to my ankles and the top sagged around my waist only held on by the halter neck ties! My husband was the only witness and to say he laughed was an understatement!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Icing on a Cake
Cupcake Masterclasses: Working with Sugarpaste
Blackberry Frozen Yoghurt Recipe
How to Make a 5 Minute Cake in a Cup
Easy Eight Apple Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...