A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day for August start: 8/1-8/31/2010  (Read 9183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

curiosity
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2010 01:42:09 PM »

*waves pom-poms* You are all doing so great. I am envious. Tongue I have fifty squares done for my "Granny-ghan-Bonanza" throw and fifty left to go. This may take me awhile! Hehehe. I also need to get more black yarn for putting them all together . . . but I'm still truckin' along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't let the world bring you down. Not everyone here is that @#$%^& up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive experience the warmth before you grow old." - Incubus, 'The Warmth'.
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010 06:34:16 AM »

Thank you for the compliment on the bag...it's not my favorite one I've made...but she likes it and I'm glad you think it is good, too, K8iSGR8.

Craft-add-chick...I know just what you mean!!  On my visit up as Sis's, I went to the S.Army store and found two brand-new skeins of Lion Brand Fisherman's wool...9.49ea for $1.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I purchased a coupld of bags and large hank of acrylic chunky yarn for less than one skein!  Such a deal...you just don't let them get away.  The chunky acrylic is not turning into the pillow that I'd like it to be...rip.rip.rip.!!

I did get some more squares going on my log-cabin project and will have them attatched today...and more base squares made.  I also have the stack of random squares to put the final border on...I went looking for more scrap stuff to add to the mix(at the local thrift store and came home w/rug yarn to make another granny rug with).
OI!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010 11:39:11 AM »

Ran out of yarn for Dad's blanket (since he has decided he wants it to be king-sized...) so it's on hold until I get paid next week. LOL! We're up to just over 4 feet square at this point. I started another throw in the same pattern, and this one is definitely staying throw-sized, since nobody knows about it except my best guy friend and now you guys! It's for my MIL-to-be, as we just discovered that her cancer has not only come back, but spread. She's in chemo now, but it's really taking a massive toll on her physically and emotionally. I wanted to make her a prayer shawl, but for some reason it just would not work (I restarted it at least a dozen times) so I just gave up and went with a lap throw. It's in red, which is supposed to represent courage, determination, strength, and love, as well as healing. Smiley The guy friend I mentioned a minute ago has decided he wants a lap throw in this pattern as well, so I'll definitely be on board in September! Dad's is in Edwardian, MIL's is in Chili, and friend's is in Colonial-all Lion Brand Homespun. Pics of Dad's in the next day or so! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2010 03:20:53 PM »

whohooo!  We're all just movin' right along!!  I hope to see some pics of everyone's progress...don't be afraid to share...keeps us all motivated.   Grin  I have some coming tomorrow...waitin' to sew on the latest batch of log cabin squares.  I want to knit tomorrow...I've done a few squares in the last couple of days...mostly scrappy ones.  =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
K8iSGR8
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2010 07:33:47 PM »

Kittymom, I can't wait to see your cabin blanket, I loved it so much from what I saw Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm only pretending to be crafty,.. hopefully one day I'll get it right Tongue

www.knot2witty.blogspot.com
Redostrike
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010 02:21:16 AM »

I've have been very bad lately because i haven't done to much squares.  

Last day of august, i'm going to pickup my last color today and then at the evening i'm going to crochet a few more squares. I did 3 this morning and i hope i can do around 7 later today or even more. I'm almost done with my dark brown color (75/109). I hope i can do a few more then 10 today as i'm really starting to want to see some results and some other colors. But i cant reward myself with a new color yet, first this brown needs to be done!

Lets see some finished projects here from this month for some motivation for next month. I'm going to take a picture later today and post what i have already.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 02:22:08 AM by Redostrike » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010 08:40:53 AM »

Shocked Oh, Golly...it isthe last day of the month...yikes!  I can't claim to have a finished project for August...razzle-frats!  I did add another row to the Cabin project this morning and will have more squares today...but I need three rows to complete that part and then the border rows...so...a finish in September then...grrr!  =]  All good...done is done, whenever that is!  =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommycrochets
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010 09:39:26 PM »

I have finished 3 half granny shawls
This one is mine, it sits on the back of my comp chair. Made with lion brand homespun

This one is for my DD to play dress up the ends were left out on purpose

Not sure what I'll do with this one yet, still need to weave my ends
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010 08:20:33 PM by mommycrochets - Reason: added pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010 10:34:07 AM »

Yay! August is over. You all did a great job! Please post pics of your final progress! Feel free to join us for september if you have gotten the granny a day bug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fenore
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2010 01:02:33 PM »

My "final" progress for august! (I'm not nearly done) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create HD Videos with Windows Movie Maker
How to Make Your Own Watermark for Your Videos
How to Achieve High Quality Using Hypercam 2
How to Overlap Sounds on Camtasia Studios.
How To Install Brushes for Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...