A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,638
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day for August start: 8/1-8/31/2010  (Read 13400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

K8iSGR8
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010 03:35:39 AM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin  Cool  Tongue

*drum roll please*

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED MY PROJECT!!!!
This is the bird I was making, he goes by the name Pyoro and he is from a Wario Ware game called Birds and Beans Smiley He's absolutely adorable, and I was making a blanket for my boyfriend Marc's brother Ryan. I knew he loved Pyoro, but I suspect he might love the blanket even more.

I used all Red Heart, since I was on a two-month road trip with my boyfriend. We traveled 16, 000km (or 10, 000 mi) this summer, and have seen every state except 12 and 7 provinces. So, I had a lot of free time, and had to ensure that the yarn I chose would be universally available. I used a 6.00mm hook.

First, I will show you the sprite I used:

Now, here are some action shots (I just noticed that I didn't attach one of the yellow squares on the beak, but I really wanted to show you guys I did it!) It will be fixed in a matter of minutes!

Size comparison to the new ridiculously large DSiXL

My boyfriend hiding behind the blanket:

Ryan (left) the recipient of the blanket, and Marc (right) my boyfriend/his brother:

So, I guess now I have a few days to let my fingers and wrists recover from the insane amount of crocheting I feel like I've done the last month. See you next month, hookers!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010 03:41:55 AM by K8iSGR8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm only pretending to be crafty,.. hopefully one day I'll get it right Tongue

www.knot2witty.blogspot.com
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010 07:54:25 AM »

Oh my gosh, K8iSGR8! That's amazingly cute! Wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Redostrike
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010 01:16:34 PM »

No problem :p i never said i was male so Smiley

That blanket is soo nice, i know pyoro from wario so awesome that you've made a not so know character  Smiley

Mine is a well know character from Nintendo. And thats all i'm saying. I did around 7 granny's today which is good Smiley i'll prolly do one or two more before i get some sleep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010 02:04:55 AM »

Wow!  I'm back from Chicago-land...whew!  Got to see family, got to get yarn...able to get away while the weather was good(hot). Wink
And looky what's goin' on in here... Shocked  Excellent blankie K8iSGR8!!  Love the action shots! What are you going to do next???   I am the one that feels like a wimp...only 240 squares on my scrappie blanket...and maybe just over 100 in some sort of done-ness...but I have gotten finished w/my neices Inga bags and will post pic today.

There was a question of lining...no I did not line these two...I have one that I made from wool yarn that I have not yet lined, but will be doing that.  I did get some pkgs of buttons from the walmart up there and they chose the ones they wanted to finish their bags with.  And they have kittens(5) so there were plenty of good times at my sister's place.

Redostrike...seven more squares..how many total?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
K8iSGR8
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010 04:21:40 AM »

Hey Kitty mom, thank you so much!! I can't wait to see your bags (even though I am koumpounophobe, meaning I have a severely irrational fear of buttons), I was also wondering about the lining.

Next I'm doing a huge project. I didn't know how huge it was until about 15 minutes ago when I actually sat down and mapped it out. Including background it's going to be 1642 squares and ridiculously large. It's going to be a Giftmas/Anniversary present for my boyfriend.

I'm not waiting until September to start it, I've already got 7 squares made while watching Order of the Phoenix, and I have a 5 hours plane ride tomorrow, so I hope to get a good dent done then too.

Thank goodness for inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Redostrike
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010 11:25:06 AM »

Hah see K8iSGR8 that's the spirit 1642 squares awesome Smiley. You will get there sometime.

Kittymom13: I'm at 55 now i'm going to be doing another 5 today for sure after i have played some games. I'm actually around 5% done now :p.

I have some other dilemma i need to handle. I found my last remaining colors. But its in packs of 10 skeins of yarn (9 euro => around 11.5 USD). From one color (Brown) i need 2 or maybe just 3 skeins for the other (Army green) i prolly going to be needing only one or just around the 2 skeins. I dont like the army green color that much brown is ok and i would buy it if i cant find some shop that sells them per skein.

Then i found this army green at a second hand shop yesterday offcourse i bought them but it seems that they are a bit to thin (fine). Now if i take it double (2 yarns at the same time) they are "about" the same size as my other squares but the problem is that they are a bit tidier than the others. More secure (i hope you all understand). I'm not sure if i'm going to be doing this. I only need 34 squares from that color but still i'm not sure if its wise to do it like that or just keep searching for the right colors at another shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010 02:19:08 PM »

The only way to be sure, Redostrike...is to stitch it up and see for yourself!  and can you get enough squares from what you have n how you plan to use it(two strands together).  I say you can never have enough yarn in the stash...buy more than you might need, you'll find ways to use it later and if you need help w/that just ask or search online....Craft-add-chick would be proud of my enabling skills...hehehehe

pics are on the way...promise!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010 02:28:53 PM »

the other neice's Inga bag...she's about 9-10 y/o, but she was stuffing it w/cheerleading items before I left.   Cheesy  She picked out just the eyelash fur and left me to guess what else I would make it out of.  So I bought a skein of sturdy Red Heart yarn and the rest was used on a couple of pot holders.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010 03:59:34 PM »

Craft-add-chick would be proud of my enabling skills...hehehehe

Proud indeed! Grin Grin I always buy more than called for because I'm worried that I'll run out. And, I can't resist peeking in the craft section of the local thrift store for random yarn goodness (once, in my suitcase, I carted back about 14 small skeins of wool yarn from a Goodwill in FL). I really do need to put a hold on my yarn buying (blasphemy, I know!) because I'm running out of storage space for my craft supplies at the moment...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
K8iSGR8
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010 04:04:51 PM »

Kitty mom, that bag is so neat! I like the fluffy parts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Learn About the Dutch Tilt in Film Making
The Difference Between High and Low Key Lighting
How to Create New Sequences Quickly in Premiere Pro CS5
Watch This Instead Predators
How to Export Your Project in Premiere Pro CS5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...